175

Chapter 16
Section 5: What Awaits
[???]: “I never thought you would arrive here so quickly.”

The woman was sitting back on the throne, her head resting on one hand. Her silver hair shined white under the light that spilled forth through the window fitted high above in the solid stone wall.

≪Who?≫

≪Who?≫

Mippo and Moppo stood at the front of our band, and with half their bodies buried in the fluffy carpet, they both simultaneously tilted their heads in front of the new, strange woman.

≪Sister≫

≪Talk≫

≪To us≫

≪Sister≫

[???]: “…..ah, you are referring to this one?”

The woman then grabbed Linzflare-san by the hair and forced her to her feet.

[Iris]: “――!?”

I almost yelled for her to stop when I saw what she was doing, but Saluena’s hand came up from behind and blocked my mouth before I could say anything.

[Saluena]: “We’ve come here for the sake of that gnome. I would ask that you release her.”

She then gave a more proper response on my behalf.

[???]: “Is that so? I personally have no further use for it, so I wouldn’t lose anything by allowing you to take it…….”

Despite her words, the woman still had Linzflare-sans’ hair pinched between her fingers. She had even begun shaking her back and forth as if she were some doll to be played with.

[Litzreich]: “The girl, she couldn’t already be…….”

I could hear Litzreich muttering underneath her breath.

[Toslin]: “Carol. If Mippo or Moppo try to make a move, I want you to grab them. They’re giving off a dangerous aura. I definitely don’t want them getting too close.”

[Carol]: “Mm. Got it”

Linzflare-san isn’t moving even though her hair is being yanked on like that.

Her limbs are just hanging at her sides, and she isn’t flinching from the pain.

(It’s a lie……isn’t it? Linzflare-san is a spirit isn’t she? No, she’s a great spirit which means she should have an enormous amount of power right? And yet…….)

[Toslin]: “Ashel-sama, we’ll leave guarding Iris to you.”

[Ashel]: “I understand”

In the face of a senseless scene, Toslin managed to stay calm, but her voice as she slowly passed out orders was as dry as sand.

[Toslin]: “Saluena. Litzreich. Give it everything you’ve got right from the very beginning. When I give the signal, rush in.”

[Saluena]: “Roger”

[Litzreich]: “Mm, I’ll follow your lead.”

Toslin drew the longsword hanging off her back followed shortly after by Saluena.

Litzreich slid a new gem into her gauntlet, and the dull light of her Magic Shell shone around her body.

[Rose]: “And me, Toslin-san?”

[Toslin]: “Hold on. I want to hear something first.”

Toslin glared at the woman in the throne with a kind of blatant anger I’d never seen her show before.