124

Chapter 13
Section 2: Audience
In front of a ginormously huge door. I stood up straight, staring at the lavish gold decorations adorning it.

This appears to be a waiting room for people who have come to the castle for an audience with His Majesty. Noelia-san dropped us off here, and we’ve been patiently waiting ever since.

We are the only ones here, so I’m guessing nobody else is scheduled for an audience today.

(My heart feels like it’s going to pop out of my mouth.)

In just a little bit, we’ll be entering the throne room.

We will be greeting the king of an entire country. I just went to the bathroom, but I’m so nervous I think I might have to go again.

[Carol]: “Are you feeling all right Iris?”

Carol was the one who ended up calling out to me and convinced me to take a deep breath.

She had changed out of her usual dark black adventurer equipment and into a pretty pink dress complete with poofy ruffles and intricate lace.

As a beastman with fluffy ears and a tail, Carol was especially loved by the seamstresses.

There were about fifty of them. This right here is the end result when those women get serious.

[Iris]: “I-I’m okay. But I’m not used to stuff like this, so it’s hard for me to settle down……”

[Carol]: “I know what you mean. I’ve been taking deep breaths this entire time to try and keep the edge off.”

[Rose]: “Fufu, yet you look absolutely wonderful. The both of you. Don’t you think so as well Sally-oneesama?”

Rose-san had returned to her usual appearance compared to yesterday. Armor firmly wrapped around her upper body draped over a priestess robe. She doesn’t have any weapons with her though since none are allowed in the throne room.

[Saluena]: “Of course. I knew frills would match well with their childish frames. My eyes are never wrong with things like this.”

[Iris]: “Child……”

Not even just petite, but going straight for child-like. A massive shock ran through my brain.

Sure we might have a bit less mass compared to Saluena and the others, but…… Putting Carol aside, I wouldn’t say I……

I blankly stared down at my own meager chest out of shock when Toslin spoke up.

[Toslin]: “It looks like it might start soon…….what are you doing Iris?”

[Iris]: “No, just……trying to hang on to what little self-confidence I have left.”

I almost forgot, Sarah’s were bigger than mine in the bath…… Maybe Saluena is perfectly justified here?

[Toslin]: “Hah? You’re cute, so don’t worry about it.”

Toslin flicked my forehead with her finger.

[Carol]: “Eh? What about me? Am I cute too?”

[Toslin]: “Huh? Hmm……well, I guess you’re cute?”

[Carol]: “Hooray~! Hey hey, did you hear did you hear? Toslin thinks I’m cute. Ehehe♪”

[Rose]: “Yes, I did hear. Good for you Carol-san♪”

[Carol]: “Mhmm♪ Maybe I should keep wearing this dress from now.”

Carol had been cut off completely from the earlier tension that had hung over us, breaking into a wide smile as she spun around in her dress. The skirt spread out like a blossoming flower, showing off the craftsmen’s powerful sense of commitment.