128

Chapter 13
Section 6: Request
The main school building sits at the center of campus with two other lab buildings standing to its left and right.

If I were to peer down on the campus from above, would it look like a bird stretching out its wings? I can’t tell for sure looking right at it because of how huge the buildings are.

[Lapris]: “But is it really fine for someone as morally bankrupt as that to be a professor for a school like this?”

Lapris was mumbling that to herself while eating sweets inside my hair.

[Iris]: “I’m sure even someone like Litzreich wouldn’t want to hear that from Lapris.”

[Lapris]: “Ah? What’s that supposed to mean?”

[Iris]: “I’m just saying someone like Lapris who can leisurely eat a bunch of sugary sweets while resting in someone else’s hair could be considered rather peculiar as well.”

Under Noelia-san’s guidance, we traveled through a beautiful garden on a road laid with polished white marble.

The garden that spread out from both sides of the road were so vast you couldn’t really even call them gardens anymore. They might as well have both been their own estates at this point.

According to Noelia-san, the academy has ten gardeners under exclusive contract to maintain the landscape.

[Toslin]: “I heard there are about three hundred students here, but I don’t see any of them around.”

[Noelia]: “They would all be in class at the moment. Once classes break for a recess, you will find ladies here and there throughout the garden enjoying a pleasant chat.”

[Carol]: “Eh~, what is it Toslin? Are you interested in some schoolgirls?”

Toslin raised an eyebrow and sighed after Carol’s small joke.

[Toslin]: “That’s not what I’m saying. Just wondering why you need a school as big as this for only three hundred students.”

…….right. Three hundred sounds like quite a lot to a country bumpkin like me, but it’s still disproportionate to the vast size of the school.

The central school building would be more than enough to meet the needs of that many people.

It was right when I was thinking that, glancing around at the school around me, when it happened.

*KRA-KOOOOOOOOOOM!!!*

An explosion rang out from the right building which Noelia-san had told us was one of the school’s labs.

[Iris]: “Waaaaah! W-What’s!?”

[Rose]: “Get behind me Iris-san.”

[Iris]: “Y-Yes!”

I immediately shuffled to the right and hid behind Rose-san’s back for protection.

[Iris]: “It’s another, flashy crater.”

It’s probably about 200 meters between here and the lab building.

With the huge estate-like garden between me and the building…….I can’t see the whole building because the plants are in the way, but just from where I was standing I could tell that the roof had been blown clean off.

Fragments of debris tumbled out of the sky, crushing the marble around our feet.

I was close enough to Rose-san for her to be able to protect me, but I realized a second later how far off Noelia-san was from the rest of us.