99

Chapter 11: Royal Academy
Section 1: Setting Off

Chapter 11: Royal AcademySection 1: Setting Off

Grimoire Master Capital Academy

This is a tale about the everchanging world Van Delucia.
A world of swords and magic, knights and mages, fairies and dragon.
Here there are Gods, and there are Demons.
Here the mysteries are still mysteries, just waiting for someone to find the truth.

An adventurer setting off on a rainbow to climb the heavens.
An adventurer who brought a friend on a journey and challenged a dragon living in the sky.
And another adventurer who challenged a labyrinth in the clouds, defeating an evil mage and rescuing a fair princess.

In this world, there are many such epic tales grabbing the hearts of the adventurers who hear them.

However even in a strange and magical world like this, there are still people who are just trying to live their lives.
A Hero cannot live without bread, and without a people to lead there can be no princesses.
And without a bard to sing of its tale, how will any know about a dragon’s fearsome power?

The girl in this story was just one of many at first.
With no glorious honors or dazzling treasures, she is but an ordinary village girl.

I am Gustav.
Time Narrator Gustav.
My lord is a faithful servant of that ever fickle silence, so I act as their eloquent mouthpiece.

Momentous deeds done by those born to be a hero do not need to be polished in order to shine.
With that being the case, I shall regale you with the tale of an innocent young girl.
The tale of an inheritor whose growth into being a hero is only just beginning.

The morning of our departure was blessed with fine weather.

It was a clear blue sky without a cloud in sight.

The Water Dragon’s Tail no longer hangs over our heads. By now it should be leisurely streaming over some other traveler’s head.

(Speaking of which, I never did get to see any goldfish swimming through. Well, not that I would be able to see that far even if there were any fish swimming through the sky.)

So then, we have been in Solretta Litta for about three weeks now?

When we got here, it was still very cold, and it snowed. I slipped on some ice, my butt landed on the frozen cobblestone, and it really hurt.

The gate Unicorn had sent flying stood before me. Restoration is still being performed on it even now as we perform the final confirmation of supplies needed before we leave.

“Unicorn. Please take care of Onee-chan.”

My little sister Sarah’s red hair caught the wind as she picked up the stuffed toy Unicorn into her arms and spoke to her.