86

Chapter 10
Section 3: For One Thing
“I, am becoming an adventurer.”

My words were expected to a certain extent, and nobody was surprised.

“Coming home, I realized just how wonderful it is living in this city. A warm home, delicious food, and my favorite books which I can read as much as I want. I think this is the kind of happiness most people only dream about.”

I peer out a nearby large glass window. A bright blue sky spread out overhead. The Water Dragon’s Tail had passed for the most part, yet even today it lingered as if boasting of its grandeur and majesty.

“It might seem like a waste to leave a place as wonderful as this, but…..making the comparison helped me to understand. I…..am actually someone who prefers walking outside.”

“Your father is also someone who wears the skin of a scholar yet unexpectedly has an outward-facing personality. Perhaps you inherited a bit of that nature from him.”

“Yeah. When I told them both about my six months of playing make-believe as an adventurer in Rifront, Mom was surprised, but Dad just laughed. ‘You really do take after me,’ is what he said.”

And then they both gave me their consent to becoming an adventurer. That was when Dad told me he used to be an adventurer himself. While using and gathering medicinal herbs however, he gradually shifted his focus to research instead.

“Hah, you do resemble each other now that you mention it. They both seem like the kind of bungler who looks like they have everything put together and then clumsily comes crashing down.”

Toslin joyfully started teasing me as retribution for a moment ago.

“Speaking of which didn’t you forget to put on one of your shoes the first time we met?”

“B-Bungler is……I mean I guess I’ll admit I’m a little clumsy, but…..”

“B-But, that is one of Iris-san’s good points!”

Rose-san, are you perhaps, trying to cover for me with that?

“T-Thank you……”

“N-No…..please be more confident in yourself. I believe that you being like this is one of your most splendid merits.”

“Being a bungler is a merit?”

“Bungler sounds far worse than it is. Rather than a bungler…..perhaps it would be better to say you’re a little absentminded…….”

“Guah”

“O-Oh……I’m so sorry! Um, well……”

“So in other words, absent-minded people tend to attract one another.”

“T-Toslin-san!! Say what you will about me, but I will not allow you to bad-mouth Iris-san!”

Rose-san jumped out of her chair. I panicked and pulled on her sleeve while Toslin threw her hands up in front of her.

“Ahaha, sorry sorry. I was just having a little fun. Now we’re even after your bit of teasing a moment ago right?”

“Uu……sorry about that. It was just, Toslin-san’s reaction was so cute, I had to……..”

“Woah, stop stop. Let’s get back on topic.”

Toslin’s slight jabs were getting reversed back onto her, so she forcefully steered the conversation back to what I was talking about before.

“We were talking about Iris becoming an adventurer. Isn’t it fine then? I mean we all figured this might happen.”

Carol spoke up while swinging her legs off the side of her bed.