113

Chapter 12
Section 5: Those Engraved On My Forefinger
I woke up to someone lightly nudging my shoulder.

[Iris]: “….Mm……Mmm?”

My head was still in a daze as I slowly opened my eyes. And then there was someone’s face, looking right back at me.

[Rose]: “We’ve arrived Iris-san”

It was a soothing voice that comforts my soul. And then, I remember.

――Right now, my head is resting on a certain someone’s lap.

[Iris]: “Ah! Sorry.”

[Rose]: “No, it’s okay. I’m the one who invited you out despite how tired you are feeling.”

Was I rolling around while I was sleeping? I’m lying on my back now.

As the fog slowly lifted from my brain, I was able to fully open my eyes and came to understood why I was able to see Rose-san’s face as soon as I opened them.

[Iris]: “……..”

And not just her face. Right before my eyes were Rose-san’s breasts. Two powerful bulges that mine couldn’t even compare to that actually covered half of Rose-san’s face from where I was laying. Who can blame me for not realizing who was talking to until I saw Rose-san’s peach-colored hair.

[Rose]: “Can I help you with something Iris-san?”

Rose-san looked down at me with a cheerful face. But when she bent down to see me better, her chest got even closer as well. It felt like she was showing off the overwhelming difference in strength between us. I moved my body to avoid it, but I still felt a little depressed.

I’m already worried enough about my own chest as it is.

As I left the carriage behind, it felt like I was leaving some small part of me behind as well.

*Tuu! Tutututuu! Tututuu! Tuu! Tuu!*

[Iris]: “Uhyaaaa!?”

I screamed after something that sounded a lot like a trumpet suddenly echoed around me.

[Iris]: “E-Eh!? What!? Uwa, a red…….carpet? Fue!?”

[Saluena]: “Compose yourself Iris.”

Taking a step forward and expecting a hard stone floor, my expectations were betrayed when my feet met with a cushy, fluffy carpet similar to the one in the castle corridors.

It turns out that noise that caused me to scream really did come from a trumpet. Or trumpets. Dozens of musicians held their instruments aloft, standing on either side of a carpet laid out on the ground leading to the church’s front door.

[Iris]: “……..t-this……what?”

[Saluena]: “There are people waiting for us inside. Come, let’s go.”

Saluena took my hand and together, we started on our way inside.

The constantly ringing noise ringing around scared me, so I clung back to Saluena and let her lead me forward.

[Iris]: “W-Wow…….amazing. So this is the capital’s church……..”

Soletta Ritta’s church had three steeples built into it, and in one of those was a bell that rang each hour of the day to keep the townspeople running on the same clock.

But this church has three bell towers jutting high in the air. Intricate etchings were carved into the slightly grayish walls making the entire building a finely crafted work of art despite its aged rock.