51

Chapter 7
Section 2: Send Off
The night of Mycena’s invasion, I traveled over to Solretta Litta’s Warrior Guild. I had to dig my feet in and really push to open that bulky wooden door.

“W-Wow……”

Stepping into the Warrior Guild building at night really feels like I’ve stepped into a world of adults. Unlike the church, this massive wooden building opened directly into a tavern and dining area where adventurers can chat amongst themselves after having finished their jobs.

I lived a life completely unrelated to this place half a year ago. As a matter of fact, I only learned a couple days ago that there was a counter in the far back of the building where adventurers are supposed to accept jobs from the waiting receptionists.

“Hm? You here on business jou-chan?”

“Ah, um…….yes, I am…….”

I’ve visited this place with Toslin and the others before, so I have already experienced what type of place this is and what type of people hang out here. So after readying myself mentally, I had walked inside. But, I’m still scared. Because I was immediately called out by a man who had a body larger than my dad’s and was carrying a sword. If a man like this suddenly starts glaring at me, of course all the words I had prepared in advance would fly out my head.

“Hey hey, we got a little one here. Come here for a bit. We’ll listen to ya.”

The knife hanging at another man’s waist quivered as he stood up. That’s when I noticed the large ax strapped to his back. If he were to swing that at me, I’d be cleaved clean in two with one stroke.

“Come on, quit standing there and come over here already. You’re letting in all the cold air.”

“S-Sorry!”

“Tsk, can’t be helped.”

I shrank back and apologized while the man with the large ax sighed deeply. He then walked my way and extended out his hand.

“Well then here, fill out your business on this.”

“Eh, ah……yes?”

“What’s the ‘yes?’ supposed to mean? Can you not write? If not, I can write for you.”

“I-I know how to write, I know how to write!!”

The man presented a piece of parchment and a writing brush to me. I took them both in hand before running over to a nearby table that didn’t have any people at it and wrote down my name along with the reason why I was here.

“Here, tea. Drink up.”

“Y-Yes. T-…….Thank you very much.”

This time another man came over and set down a steaming cup of tea in front of me. Maybe……they think I’m a customer? No perhaps, and I know it’s rude for me to say this, but maybe despite their fierce-looking faces…..they’re all just genuinely good people? They went out of their way to get me some tea after all.

“Was there some kind of dispute?”

Saluena couldn’t get inside because I was blocking the door, so she only has a partial understanding of what just happened. So when she took a seat next to me after finally being able to come into the building, she asked me such.

“Oh, Saluena. No, not really…….”

“Hm? This time it’s…..a swordswoman? I’ve never seen you before. Do the two of you know each other?”

The man who served me tea took a look at the sword hanging off Saluena’s back and asked me a question.

“Ah, yes. That’s right. I came here today to meet up with some adventurers I know……”