60

Chapter 7
Section 11: Dream Gem
The cold wind brushing against my hot, blushing face felt pleasant. Elzella-san had burst into the guild, that wind at her back kicking up her robe. Due to the temperature difference between outside and in here, her normally white cheeks quickly grew to a light pink.

“…….eh? Why is a sister here? And what does she mean by Iris ‘sama’?”

“Shut up Peachseed.”

“T-That’s right…… I usually have a hard time reading the air, but even I understand. We better keep quiet and be as still as a shellfish…….”

With the sudden appearance of a sister, not just Kutuna-san, but everyone throughout the guild froze in place.

They say that a sister’s robe is meant to be a symbol of peace and serenity. Not the kind of thing you would expect to see in a place where the clamor of people never seems to end. Nevertheless, Elzella-san ignored the numerous stares she was getting from all over, weaving through the tables dotting the dining area until she was standing right in front of me.

“Elzella-san…….”

“Your sister informed me you were here when I visited your home, so I rushed here as fast as I could.”

Elzella-san pinched the ends of her robe and performed a small curtsy just as I had seen Rose-san do before. The remnants of the cold air she had brought with her brushed against my face.

Does this mean that everyone finally came back? And they stopped by the church first instead of here? No, if that were true, it would be weird that Elzella-san is the one to come summon me.

Despite appearances, Toslin is quite the attentive person. If they really had stopped by the church first, I’m sure Carol would’ve immediately made her way here to get me.

Then, why is Elzella-san…….why, oh, I see…….it must be because of that.

I rose to my feet as the answer popped into my mind.

“You found it then?”

“Yes, just now. But we were hoping Iris-sama would confirm our results. I have a carriage ready just outside, so would you mind accompanying me to the church?”

“I understand. Thank you for going out of your way to get me.”

After saying my thanks, I reached for the coat I had hung on the back of my chair……only to find that Saluena had already grabbed it and was holding it out so that my arm could pass through the sleeve.

“T-Thanks.”

“It’s cold outside. You need to stay warm.”

Saluena already had on her own coat with her sword hanging off her waist at the ready.

“Sorry Kutuna-san. I really have to go……..”

“R-Right….. Please, don’t mind us…….”

“Peachseed-san and Plumseed-san, thank you for the meal. I’m glad we could talk.”

I thanked them both and bowed.

The Seed sisters didn’t give off the greatest first impression, but I’m glad I got to meet them. It’s not like all my anxiety and worries have up and disappeared, but I was at least able to calm myself to the point where I could laugh again thanks to them.

“Ah, sure……likewise, but…….”

“Peachseed, now is when you should be keeping quiet. Iris-san, I’m not sure what’s going on, but please do your best.”