93

Fragment
Section 3: Sisters’ Quiet Conversation Part 1
This afternoon, I had an unexpected reunion with Aunt Yuhanna at Solretta’s church.

Afterwards, I asked Sally-oneesama if she could train with me in Iris-san’s backyard.

Currently I’m using a wooden training sword, trying to work through my sluggish body’s movements after spending three days in the hospital. I was perplexed at first because of the severe difference in weight between it and my warhammer, but as I continued to move, my body slowly got used to it.

However, it shouldn’t take me this long to adjust myself.

“…….Ah!?”

Saluena-oneesama parried my wooden sword with her shield and shattered my positioning. She thrust forward as I stumbled……and stopped the tip of her blade at my chest.

“I-I yield.”

Even if I’m wearing armor and she’s using a wooden sword, Sally-oneesama’s attack would be devastating.
Oneesama’s sword is delicate yet powerful and easily capable of breaking through my shield. And then once I’ve lost my balance, she’ll easily let a powerful thrust fly through.

“……let’s end it here for today.”

“Eh……? Already?”

Ten minutes have yet to pass since our lesson started. That is why I spoke up without thinking.

“There isn’t any strength in your strikes. I thought it was because you’re still recovering at first, but it has become clear to me how distracted you really are. At this point, we can’t even refer to this as training. Continuing on like this would only result in you injuring yourself.”

“………”

So Oneesama noticed after all. That my heart is in chaos. That my mind has flown to the past and is not here at the moment.

But Oneesama never asked me why. She chides me with a slightly harsh tone, but she avoids stepping into my heart.

She just stands there, smiling like she always does.

“M-My sincerest apologies. You went through all this trouble to grant me your time…….”

“It’s no problem. If it’s for your sake, you may take as much of my time as you wish. However this is where we must stop. For now, you are supposed to be recuperating. If you continue fervently practicing, you will only cause worry to those who are watching.”

Sally-oneesama turned her line of sight somewhere behind me. Following her gaze, I turned my head and found that the back door of the bookstore was slightly ajar, and Sarah-san was peeking her head out from the crack.

She has been like this ever since we came back from St. Noglint. The two of us have not exchanged too many words with each other, but the impression that she is a clever child has been etched into my mind since she is Iris-san’s younger sister.

“My apologies for worrying you.”

“N-No! Rosalith-sama, if it isn’t a bother, please use this!!”

Sarah-san jumped out of the doorway, jogging over to me with a towel in her hand.

“Here you go too Saluena-sama!”

“Thank you Sarah”

“Thank you very much Sarah-san”

My eyes met with Sarah-san’s as she passed me the towel. Her eyes were sparkling like beautiful gems.

“Rosalith-sama. If you have any concerns, please let me know. I’ll take good care of you!”

Sarah-san ran back to the house with a somewhat shy look on her face.