129

Chapter 13
Section 7: Admission
[Toslin]: “Like, a request for us as adventurers?”

Toslin leaned forward with a bemused smile.

Ah, it’s suddenly becoming more adventure-like in here.

Yeah, this is it.

She has a request, and we’re the adventurers receiving it.

The atmosphere I’ve been longing for for so long is finally here.

[Litzreich]: “Hmm, something of the sort.”

And that’s where Toslin our party’s leader and main negotiator comes into play.

[Toslin]: “Hoh? Are you sure? Just a warning in advance, but, we’re expensive.”

Toslin is getting bullish.

We’re getting a request from somebody with a high social status. And an orange rank party like ours is exceedingly rare. These two facts are probably the two reasons why Toslin decided to play hardball.

[Litzreich]: “Of course I’m already aware. But your client this time will be the academy itself. There’s no way they’ll stiff you on your remuneration, so if you take this request, you can do so without worry.”

[Toslin]: “Heh? The……academy……?”

Just from what I’ve seen of the gardens and these buildings tells me all I need to know about the kind of funds the academy has access to.

It’s a place where noble families can leave their important young daughters, so I guess it’s to be expected?

[Carol]: “What do you want us to go underground for?”

Probably calculating the potential reward the same way I was, Toslin had fallen dumbly silent. To make up for it, Carol popped in and asked a follow up question.

[Litzreich]: “Mm, you should take a look at this before I explain.”

Litzreich unfurled a large piece of parchment in the middle of the table as she spoke.

[Litzreich]: “This is a map of the dungeon that stretches out below this academy. The reason why I was visiting the Magicians Guild yesterday was actually to grab this.”

[Iris]: “Woah, amazing…… Oshunel was defeated right here a thousand years ago……”

[Litzreich]: “That’s correct. Oshunel constructed a castle on the lowest floor of this dungeon where he waited for the Hero Ranroot.”

The final battle with the evil dragon Oshunel. It happened right here, in the royal capital Oshunel. And the most famous spot of the entire capital city would be this underground dungeon.

It’s supposed to be huge with an overtly complicated structure. Moreover, traps litter the floors throughout, and there are more than a couple anecdotes about how difficult it was for Ranroot to make his way through.

[Litzreich]: “The dungeon remained active even after Oshunel’s death. It’s level of difficulty has fallen dramatically since, but even now low-level monsters will boil over and leave the dungeon if it’s left alone…….”

[Iris]: “Eh? I never heard about that before……”

[Litzreich]: “If you heard that a school of noble girls were testing out their spells against a bunch of low level monsters from a dungeon, what would you think?”

[Iris]: “Eh, well……I’d probably think you were joking……”

[Litzreich]: “Naturally. Even if someone were to try and spread word, nobody would believe them. So any rumors die before they can become widespread. And it’s not like a monster from the dungeon has ever managed to get far enough to cause any damage to the town.”