152

Chapter 15
Section 2: Irma La Area

[Grides]: “Awe-inspiring knight of wind who overlooks the world

[Grides]: “Awe-inspiring knight of wind who overlooks the world.”

Grides-san immediately began weaving her spell.

It was the same spell Lou-chan had started off with during yesterday’s duel.

(Yeah, that’s about right.)

[Grides]: “Penetrate my foes upon your proud spear!!”

Grides-san shoved out her hand towards me, and a surge of purple lightning leapt out of her open palm.

It’s a type of wind magic I’ve read about time and time again in adventure novels. It is supposed to be faster than any kind of sword flash, and it’s said to be impossible to dodge once you’ve already seen the spell rocketing towards you.

(This should do)

That’s why while I was busy thinking I was looking at a bright light, the spell was already upon me.

[Iris]: “……”

And then, *Krakoom!!* there was a violent explosion that shook my eardrums.

“……eh, it missed?”

However the spell’s course deviated away from me, creating a small crater in the dirt behind me, but nothing else otherwise.

[Grides]: “………Awe-inspiring knight of wind who overlooks the world.”

Grides-san stood there and frowned for a moment, but soon she was rechanneling the same spell as before.

She still thinks she isn’t going to have to open her spellbook if she wants to beat me.

(As long as I know where it’s coming from, I just need to focus my magic power.)

[Grides]: “Penetrate my foes upon your proud spear!!”

This time Grides-san took a little extra time to fold more mana into her spell.

The lightning this time was more concentrated together, increasing its speed and accuracy…….

(…..stay calm, do it like before.)

It looked like it was going to pierce me. But just before it hit me, the lightning drew an unnatural curve and created an even larger hole further back behind me.

(Great, great. Thank goodness Lapris is able to see magic power. Thanks to her, I know my mana is spreading out just how I imagine it.)

“…….w-what’s going on? Her magic……can’t hit?”

My feet were firmly planted where I stood. I haven’t moved even a bit from where I was standing when this all started.

(She’s using high speed, high accuracy magic just like I thought)