117

Chapter 12
Section 9: Ashel Lu Aude Oshunel
The relaxed atmosphere we had going completely changed as soon as that person stepped into the room.

[Ashel]: “Pardon me. My apologies for the sudden visit, and thank you for seeing me despite how late at night it is.”

Short, golden hair. Soft, misty eyes as blue as sapphires. A body thin even while wearing armor, yet it looked in no way delicate.

Taller than me, but probably a little shorter than Toslin? I heard they were seventeen years old, so I guess this would be about right for their age.

[Iris]: “N-No…..um…..”

I froze. Obviously I’ve never once in my entire life met royalty before, and now suddenly there’s a prince standing right in front of me, and I have no idea what I’m supposed to do right now.

[Ashel]: “Just as I heard, a party full of only women. Allow me to apologize once again as a man for finding myself in your quarters like this.”

There’s nothing to be forgiven. We’re already aware you’re actually a woman, so it doesn’t really bother us in the first place.

I thought about saying that out loud, but since I figured her knowing that her secret had been leaked might cause some unnecessary worry, I decided we should keep a tight lip on that little detail……

[Lapris]: “Huh? What are you talking about? Anyway I look atcha you’re a……”

――dang it.

[Toslin]: “Oi oi, you’re supposed to be keeping quiet when we have a guest with us Lapris.”

[Lapris]: “Puha!? You, what the hell Toslin, let me go! You trying to kill me!?”

[Ashel]: “…..wow, a fairy. It’s been so long since I’ve seen one……”

I’m sorry the first fairy you’ve seen in so long has to be this foul-mouthed girl. And I’m especially sorry to spoil the mood by having said fairy desperately struggling in the grip of an elf trying to keep that very same fairy quiet.

I continued repeating several apologies like those from inside my heart……

[Ashel]: “You are, Iris Calvafon-san……yes?”

Ashel-sama came further into the room, stopping in front of me and smiling.

[Iris]: “Y-Yes. I am Iris Calvafon. It’s very nice to meet you.”

Oh, this……I can understand why Charlie was so taken.

Her well-ordered looks on their own could draw someone in. But those soft eyes of hers create an ephemeral air that would make anyone who saw them overcome with the urge to protect her.

That’s how I feel, and I already know she’s a woman. If the prince were to show that smile to any girl who still believed her to be a man, it would be like an arrow straight through the heart.

Honestly I think it’s only because I spend so much time with other beautiful and cool women like Toslin and Saluena that my heart is able to hold up and resist.

[Iris]: “At this time, um……it is a great honor to be allowed this audience with royalty after being escorted all the way from Soletta Ritta.”

It was a little belated, but I tried bending the knee and bowing, but Ashel-sama put up her hand to stop me.

[Ashel]: “Oh, there’s no need for that. I’m here as a personal call, so there’s no need for any frivolous formalities. Rather, I should be the one bending the knee to you.”