138

Chapter 14
Section 2: Knight Pair
Bold Loire.

The simple description for these kinds of monsters is a kind of giant moving knight statue.

They’re a mysterious kind of monster. Despite technically being golems they have no core, and it is still unknown how they function.

[Saluena]: “Rosa, destroy the legs first.”

[Rose]: “Roger Oneesama.”

Standing by my side, Saluena pointed towards the feet of the colossal knight.

In response, Rose-san sprang forth like a deer towards the Bold Loire.

[Rose]: “Hah!”

The spiked mace still dripping with the blood of goblins swung down towards the slow-moving statue’s legs.

*Dong!!*

However the statue was fast enough to move its shield down and block the mace’s strike.

[Saluena]: “I see. So one wields a shield and the other a sword.”

There are two bold loires here. One is holding a huge tower shield while the other wields a longsword.

The two knights looked perfectly in sync, skillfully delegating their roles between offense and defense.

[Carol]: “What level is this guy?”

[Toslin]: “It’s a pretty rare monster. From what I here though, they’re around level fifteen. Give or take individual differences.”

Toslin and Carol followed after Rose-san, jumping in front of the enemy. The other bold loire brandished its steel longsword towards the two newcomers.

[Carol]: “So they’re the same level as that ice golem? Then this will be an easy win.”

However both of them evaded the attack with room to spare.

[Toslin]: “Well, probably yeah. Rose, you have that one?”

[Rose]: “Leave it to me.”

Rose-san readied her shield, and to my amazement, met the bold loire head on.

Rose-san wasn’t budging despite her enemy being three times her size. She completely suppressed her enemy’s attack while simultaneously throwing in her own.

Her spiked mace moved like a flash of light, scraping off bits and pieces of the knight statue until finally breaking off its leg entirely.

[Iris]: “She did it!”

Rose-san is amazing! While giving a round of applause in my heart, the arm of the other colossus fell to the ground as well.

[Toslin]: “Ah man~. The blade’s gone dull. I’m going to need to grind it again when we get back.”

Toslin was grumbling to herself, looking over her sword with the knight’s arm at her feet.

[Carol]: “Just buy a new sword with the money from your reward?”

[Toslin]: “This one’s still usable. It’d be a waste to just toss it.”

[Carol]: “Toslin’s stinginess won’t change no matter how much money she has.”

Carol darted through the bold loire’s legs. She then jumped unto its back, hooking a rope around its neck.

(Oh, that rope. It’s the one I bought together with Rose-san.)

That rope is tied together with threads of silk from spiders that live in a special region call the Quartz Crown. While the rope is more flammable as a result, it is also lighter and supposedly so sturdy that it’s impossible to tear apart.