123

Chapter 13
Section 1: A Blessed Morning
The breeze drifting through the window carried a faint floral scent to it.

[Iris]: “……Nngh……”

Slowly I opened my eyes and found a hand resting in front of my face.

My head was half sunk into a cushy feather pillow, so I could only really see anything out of the one eye.

[Iris]: “……..”

I recognized my own hand, but I couldn’t understand why I’d go so far as to move it right in front of my face so it’d be the first thing I see in the morning.

[Iris]: “…..Rose-san…..?”

It took me a moment to remember that I had gone to bed holding Rose-san’s hand.

We went to bed facing each other, and our hands……were overlapping on top of the white sheets.

[Iris]: “……”

A tinge of regret crept into my heart after I called her name.

After all if Rose-san were to wake up, things might get embarrassing, and I’d lose out on valuable time I could have spent watching Rose-san sleep during this blessed morning.

[Iris]: “……”

I held my breath and watched carefully.

There were times Rose-san’s hand would stir, but each time it was just by a bit.

The sweet scent of the shampoo she used for her hair mixed with the floral aroma in the wind and almost carried me off to the world of dreams once again.

If I remember right, it should be Saluena sleeping behind Rose-san’s back.

She received a decisive defeat in cards last night which is how she ended up being the one to sleep on the seam between the two beds.

[Iris]: “……..”

The sun is shining, but I guess it’s still a bit early for people to be getting up.

Raising my head as quietly as i could, I took a look at the other side of Saluena.

Carol was there with an arm wrapped around her neck. It was like someone had come up from behind and tried to strangle her.

Needless to say, the arm strangling Carol belonged to Toslin.

Mornings are still chilly, so I’m guessing she unconsciously went looking for Carol’s warm body. This inevitably led to Carol unconsciously trying to escape.

Apparently a life or death struggle has been taking place throughout the night between these two as they slept.

*Cheep Cheep*

[Iris]: “?”

I looked behind me when I heard a bird chirping.

The semi-transparent, possibly silk, curtains swayed with the breeze. And a single red bird stood among them.

[Phoenix]: “Cheep”

Phoenix tilted her head when I put a finger up to my lips. However she did stop her chirping, so maybe she understood what I was trying to say.

As for Lapris and Plushie Unicorn……where are they? They always kind of sleep wherever they drop, so it’s impossible to know where exactly they could have ended up.

[Rose]: “…….Iris……san?”

[Iris]: “Ah……”

Shoot. Did I shake the bed too much?