172

Chapter 16
Section 2: Giant Goldfish
Giant goldfish live in the Water Dragon’s Tail, and good luck comes to anyone who can catch a glimpse of them.

This was a story all of the children born in Oshunel, if not the entire continent of Van Delucia, heard while growing up.

[Carol]: “It……It’s my first time seeing one……”

[Lapris]: “Me too……”

However almost nobody has ever seen one.

Grandpa has lived several times longer than anyone else in my family, and according to him, even he’s never seen one before.

And now one of those goldfish are swimming right before my eyes.

No, I suppose it’s a bit of an exaggeration to say they’re right in front of me. No matter how hard I stretch out my arm, I’m not going to be able to reach them, but if this is an illusion…….it’s a pretty big one.

*Splash*……….*Splish Splash*……..I feel like I can hear the water flowing past us.

Like a huge cloud that would overwhelm its audience. And now to follow up that oppressive power with a goldfish peacefully flying……..swimming through a river in the sky.

[Carol & Lapris]: “So huge…….”

Carol and Lapris’s amazed voices overlapped.

It took a couple minutes at most for the goldfish to swim in and out of our view, but it felt like much longer.

I hadn’t noticed until it was done and gone how badly my legs were shaking from the majesty of what I had just experienced.

[Lapris]: “Wow, I saw it……after a hundred years I’ve finally……..”

[Carol]: “No way. You’re a hundred years old…….that’s amazing……but this is even more amazing……..”

Like Lapris, Carol’s thoughts were leaking from her agape mouth.

[Saluena]: “Quite the unusual sight.”

[Iris]: “Oh yeah, you didn’t even know what the Water Dragon’s Tail was let alone the myth of the goldfish.”

[Saluena]: “Whatever it is, it didn’t exist before I was sealed a thousand years ago.”

≪Did not exist≫

≪Looks yummy≫

[Litzreich]: “Hoh, how interesting. Saluena. Once this matter has been cleared up, would you lend me a small portion of your time.”

[Saluena]: “What will you give me in compensation?”

[Litzreich]: “Grr, compensation……..aren’t you and I close enough to do away with such things? I wish you’d be a little more flexible……. Hey, isn’t it fine? It’s fine isn’t it? Hey, hey?”

Litzreich voiced her complaints while her cheeks swelled up.

[Saluena]: “Flexible……? Then I’ll allow you a single meal.”

[Litzreich]: “Ooh!? That would do quite nicely. As a matter of fact, it is a great help.”

Litzreich’s expression did a complete one-eighty as she clapped her hands together.

[Litzreich]: “Why don’t you come over to my mansion? Obviously I’ll serve the food.”

(Heh~, so Litzreich can cook)

Considering what her laboratory was like, I’m surprised to hear that she’s capable of that kind of home living.

[Saluena]: “Then let’s go with that. Let’s decide the date and time once this is finished, okay?”