92

Fragment
Section 2: Quiet Conversation in the Sunset Part 2

FragmentSection 2: Quiet Conversation in the Sunset Part 2

Morning……

My own body’s shivering caused me to wake up.

“……it’s too cold……”

According to Iris, it’s been getting a bit warmer outside as each day passes. But I haven’t been able to get that feeling. I still need Carol’s warmth.

After combing my hair and getting dressed, I walked down to the dining room on the first floor. Iris’s father introduced us to this inn the first night I stayed in Solretta Litta. It’s a lovely and spacious inn for as low as the rate is.

There aren’t any loud guests here causing a racket at night, nor are there any bothersome guys who feel the need to constantly call out to me. The only thing I would have to complain about is how the stove inside the rooms are a little weak.

“So then, we’re all set for tomorrow’s departure?”

“Yeah but, are you really okay Kutuna? It was a pretty deep wound.”

“T-That’s right. You don’t need to push yourself. Osnell isn’t going anywhere.”

Most mornings I’ve found a group of three adventurers who look like they’ve been staying here a lot longer than I have gathered together in the dining room talking amongst themselves.

There aren’t many dark-skinned adventurers in this city, and when I see these two almost every morning, it’s only natural that I would come to recognize their faces.

But it sounds like they’ll be heading off to Osnell soon. This inn is about to get even quieter.

“……ah, g-good morning.”

After ordering my breakfast, I glanced over towards the trio and met the gaze of the one wearing a robe. She greeted me with a small bow, so I replied in turn.

“Good morning.”

But, that’s where my relationship with them ends. We don’t know each other’s names, where we come from, or even how old each of us is.

After a while my order came in, and I focused on my breakfast.

I finished my food by myself in silence, and when I finally finished, I looked up to find there was nobody else in the dining room other than me.

I know today is the day they’re discharged from the hospital, but I don’t know what time they’re supposed to leave.

So after finishing my breakfast, I headed straight for the hospital.

I ended up arriving too early though, and when I got to the room, I saw that Iris and Saluena hadn’t stopped by yet.