you're sick and not answering your phone (requested)

"Y/N? Can you please call me when you get this? I haven't heard from you all day and I'm getting worried." Hailee said as she reached your voicemail yet again.

She sat in the empty studio, spinning around in the chair as she anxiously tried to reach you.

She stared at the time on her phone and watched as it changed from six minutes after seven in the evening to seven minutes after seven.

She stared at her lock screen, her heart fluttering over the picture of you that she's got it set as.

She was so concerned about you. She hasn't heard from you since yesterday night. She's been stuck in the studio and hasn't been able to get ahold of you all day long. Not one call, not one text from you.

She knows she's got things in the studio to do, but she's also finished up quite a lot today.

So she decided to call it a day as she grabbed her things and walked out the door, her phone against her ear as she tried to reach you once more.

She got your voicemail yet again. So she started her car and drove to your house, hoping that you were okay.

She arrived at your house a few minutes later. She got out of her car and locked it behind her before getting the key to your house that you gave to her.

She let herself inside and called out your name.

"Y/N?"

She only got the silence that was in the air in response.

Worried, she walked down the hall to your bedroom. Her feet carried her quite quickly as her mind ran with possibilities of what could be going on.

But, to her relief, your bedroom door was open and you were laying in bed.

She saw your chest rising and falling with every inhale and exhale. She leaned against the doorframe and let out a breath of relief, feeling a weight lift from her shoulders to find you were at least still breathing.

She walked to the bed and frowned, a sinking feeling in her heart as she saw the bucket on the floor and the thermometer on the nightstand.

She put her hand on your forehead and felt a pang of sadness upon feeling how hot you were.

"My poor girl. You're burning up." She mumbled and watched your eyes open, slowly meeting hers.

"Hailee?"

"Hey, honey," she smiled and kissed your forehead.

"What are you doing here?"

"You haven't answered my calls or my texts. I thought something was seriously wrong with you."

"I'm sorry. I've been throwing up all day. I think I have the flu. I've been sleeping a lot. I think my phone died. I haven't been awake to see or had the energy to charge it on the rare occasion that my eyes are open."

"That's okay, baby. I understand." She said. "I'm here to take care of you now."

"No, Hailee, you can't. You can't get sick."

"I don't care about getting sick. You need to be taken care of. That's what I'm here for." She said. "How about some soup?"

"No. I made some earlier but I couldn't keep it down."

"Crackers? Do you have water?"

"Yeah, I've got some water. I'll try to eat some crackers later. I just want to sleep for now."

She nodded understandingly and kissed your warm forehead.

"Can you cuddle me? Since you're staying."

"You know I will, my love."

She crawled under the blankets to lay right beside you.

She brushed her hand along your back out of comfort but when you started to shiver, she pulled the blankets up to your shoulders and held you instead.

"I'm sorry you don't feel good. Is there anything I can do to help you? Anything you need me to go up to the store to get for you?"

"Not for right now. Just cuddle me."

She pulled you closer but she didn't hold you. She was afraid of making you feel sicker.

"I've got you. I love you. Get some sleep."

"I love you too." You whispered as you started to drift back off to sleep with Hailee there to hold you and to keep you safe and warm.