You're pregnant (requested)

Your hands were shaking as you stared down at the test in your hand. This all seemed so surreal. Every emotion washed over you as the reality of the situation sank in.

You didn't know exactly how to tell Hailee, but you knew you had to do it soon.

You decided to tell her over dinner. You cooked her favorite and lit the candles, making it all look nice.

You took a deep breath when you heard the front door open and Hailee called your name. She entered the kitchen just a few seconds later with a smile on her face. "There you are" she said as she walked up behind you and snaked her arms around you.

She went to give you a kiss when you turned and instead led her into the dining room. "This looks lovely. I haven't forgotten anything, right?" You shook your head and laughed. "No. I just wanted to do something nice for you... for the three of us."

Hailee furrowed her eyebrows and chuckled, thinking you misspoke. "Three? Is someone else coming?" You took a shaky breath and shook your head. "Not for about eight more months."

Hailee dropped her fork on her plate when you said that. She knew exactly what you meant right away. "You're serious? You're really pregnant?" You nodded and tears started to well up in your eyes as Hailee got up and picked you up in her arms.

"This is amazing. Oh my god, you're amazing. I can't wait. I'm so happy!" A tear fell from her eye and you quickly kissed it away. "I love you Hailee." Hailee kisses your forehead lovingly, her lips lingering there for a moment before she pulled back. "I love you, and I already love our baby so much." She hugged you and held you close, neither of you speaking in that moment. Nothing else mattered as you soaked in the reality that you really are gonna be parents soon.