you're short and she teases you about it (requested)

Hailee let out a long sigh as she watched in annoyance as you scrolled through your phone beside her. 

She reached for the remote and paused the movie. She was watching it before, up until a few minutes ago when your phone started to go off and you seemed to become uninterested in it.

She loves this movie. It's one of her favorites. But she doesn't enjoy it as much as she does when you're curled up, watching it with her.

She tried to hide how annoyed she was getting with you being on your phone. But she's been waiting for a night to spend with you and she's bummed that you don't seem to be as excited about it as she does.

A moment later, she'd had enough, and she reached over to take your phone out of your hands.

"Hailee?" You whined and stared at her furrowed eyebrows. "Why did you do that?"

"Because you're too focused on your phone to spend time with me." She said.

But you tried to take it back.

So, she stood up and held your phone above her head, as high as she could put it while keeping a secure grip on it so it wouldn't fall and shatter.

You stood on your tallest tiptoes to try and reach for it and take it out of your hands and back into your own. But she only did the same, standing on her tiptoes to put it even further out of your reach.

"Hailee," you whined.

"What's wrong, my love? Are you too short?" She giggled as she teased you. "Come on, cutie. Reach for it."

You did your very best to try to grab it from her hands. You even pulled at her arm to try to get her to lower it, but she only switched it to the other hand before you had a chance to get it back from her.

"You're so short." She teased and you rolled your eyes.

"I am not."

"Then reach for it, baby." She said and you continued to try, only to give up a moment later. 

"Come on, baby girl. Try to grab it." She grinned and watched as you folded your arms over your chest.

You pouted at her and stormed off into the kitchen to grab a snack and Hailee couldn't help but chuckle as she followed you.

She stood in the doorway, leaning against the wall as she watched you look through the cupboards.

She'd been the one to unload the groceries the other day and because she loves to tease you, although all in good fun, she put them at the very top shelf, knowing you wouldn't be able to reach them.

"Hailee! Why'd you do that?"

"Because I like teasing you, my love." She laughed as she walked to your side.

You went to grab a chair so you could try to grab them without her help but she was too worried you'd hurt yourself that way.

"No, no. I'll get them."

She kissed your head and reached for the snack. She held it out for you to take, as well as your phone, and you excitedly went to snatch them out of her grip.

"Wait," she smiled and held them above her head again. "Promise you'll put your phone down and spend some time with me? I've missed you."

"I promise."

She lowered them for you to grab, only to playfully keep them out of your reach once more.

She laughed when you playfully and lightly hit her arm. She handed you the snack and your phone before she pulled you in for a kiss.

"I love you so much. You know when I tease you like this that I'm just messing with you, right? It's just all in good fun."

"I know. I love you too." You said and kissed her a couple more times. "Now come on, let's go watch that movie."

She excitedly followed you back into the living room and you curled up to her with your head on her chest as you gave her your full attention and enjoyed some quality time together.