she forgets your birthday (requested)

Hailee couldn't help but giggle as she felt you throw your arms around her neck and hug her tightly from behind.

Standing at the counter, she was scrolling through her phone and eating a little morning snack before she gets ready for the day ahead.

But now that you're downstairs with her, she locked her phone and turned around to give you a morning kiss and all of her attention.

"Good morning, sweet girl." She grinned.

"Good morning!"

She saw the sparkle in your eyes and it warmed her heart.

You seem so happy this morning, even more so than usual.

"Well, someone is in a good mood this morning." She said as she brushed her fingers across your back.

You nodded your head before kissing her soft cheek.

"It's going to be a great day! I'll see my parents later and my friends. But until then, it's just us and you promised me a lunch date at my favorite spot, so I'm looking forward to it!"

She frowned a little, clearly a little confused as to what you were talking about.

You were quick to notice that you'd lost her somewhere along the way, which was odd because you thought she'd be telling you happy birthday as she showered you with kisses by now.

"What for?" She wondered and those two words cut you deep.

"Because you promised that's how we'd celebrate."

"Celebrate?"

That's when it sank in.

That's when your heart dropped in your chest and you were met with a wave of sadness flooding over you.

"You don't remember what today is?"

She shook her head.

You debated on whether or not you should tell her but if you don't, someone will. And you don't want to spend your entire day feeling upset or disappointed when you can change that right now.

"It's my birthday, Hailee."

"What? No, it's not." She said and reached for her phone to check the date.

And that's when she saw it.

Despite being on her phone, she hadn't caught more than a glimpse of what day it was and she hadn't scrolled through anything but tweets from her friends, which hadn't included birthday wishes to you just yet since they're all still asleep since it's still so early.

"Oh, no." She said before sighing and dropping her forehead against the counter. "I can't believe I forgot. Y/N, I am so sorry!"

She quickly turned to you and pulled you into her arms, hugging you tightly.

"It's fine. It's not all that special of a day anyway."

"Yes, it is! Don't say that. It's special to me. I know I forgot but I swear, it's only because I've been so busy lately. I feel awful for forgetting but I feel even worse that you now believe your birthday isn't special."

"It's okay. I forgive you."

She gently laid her hand on your cheek and smiled at you a little.

"I'm going to make this birthday one of the best you've ever had! I promise you that. I'm going to make sure that you know just how special you and your birthday are."

"How so?"

"I don't know. Our lunch date, for sure. But we'll do other things too. So think about what else you want to do before everyone comes to see you later. Until then,"

She paused before she began to pepper kisses across your face, causing you to throw your head back with a laugh as she repeatedly told you happy birthday and reminded you about how much she loves you.

"I love you, baby girl. Happy birthday!"

"I love you too!" You giggled. "Thanks, baby."

She pecked your lips a few times until you were smiling against hers and looked much happier than before.

"I hope that this is your best year yet. You deserve the world, my love."

"Thank you." You grinned and put your arms around her neck, pulling her close as you shared a sweet kiss.