she's sick and clingy (requested)

"Hey, darling. How are you feeling?" You asked Hailee as she opened her tired eyes.

"Not good." She said as she closed them again. "My throat hurts."

She brought her elbow to her lips and coughed into it and your eyes turned sad as you saw how uncomfortable she felt.

"Are you hungry at all?"

She shook her head.

"I could use some water though."

She began to sit up in bed, only for you to gently push her back down.

"Don't, baby. I'll go get it for you. You stay here, where you're nice and cozy." You spoke before softly kissing her forehead.

Hailee frowned as she watched you walk out of the room and despite you telling her not to get up, she did just that.

She made her way downstairs to find you at the fridge, where you were getting some cold water for her.

Coming up behind you, she wrapped her arms around you to squeeze you tight.

"Hailee, baby, I told you to stay in bed."

"I didn't want to. I wanted to be with you." She said as she set her chin on your shoulder.

You turned around to face her with a bottle of water in your hand for her.

"Here, baby. Take a few sips."

She did as you said as she turned the cap and took it off to take a few sips of the cold water and she sighed contentedly as it hit her throat, soothing it slightly.

"Are you sure you don't want some soup while we're down here? I don't mind making you some."

"I'm okay for now. I just want my girl." She said as she put her arks around you, holding you close.

You wrapped her in your warm embrace and began to rub her back as you kissed her head.

She hummed quietly as she felt the comfort from you that she so desperately needed as she only began to feel worse from the terrible sickness that she had.

"Come on, baby. Let's get you back up to bed."

She nodded and walked back upstairs with you.

Climbing back into bed, you tucked her in and laid down beside her.

And as soon as your back touched the mattress, she was scooting as close as she possibly could so she could cling to you and squeeze you tight.

"You're so clingy today." You teased with a chuckle as she looked into your eyes.

"I just need you." She said.

"I'm here, baby." You spoke as you rubbed her back comfortingly. "Right here. I don't mind you clinging to me. It's sweet. Don't let go."

She nodded and closed her eyes as she moved to lay her head on your chest.

"I love you. Thank you for taking care of me while I feel so awful."

"You're my girl, it's what I do." You said as you held her tighter. "I love you and I'd do anything for you."

She smiled a little as you began to play with her hair.

She started to fall asleep and as she did so, you kissed her head a few times as you brushed your nails against her back gently.

"Sweet dreams, sweet girl. I hope you feel better soon." You whispered as she fell asleep, still warm and secure in your embrace.

And you didn't plan on letting her go.