she's your ex and you're dating Taylor Swift and she gets jealous (requested)

Hailee looked around the room with a heavy sigh.

She honestly didn't want to come here tonight and since her arrival, it's crossed her mind several times that she should just leave because this dinner party that one of her friends is hosting is pretty boring so far.

However, the only reason that she hasn't left yet is because you're supposed to show up tonight.

The friend that's throwing the dinner party tonight is a mutual friend of yours' and Hailee's and the thought of you coming here too is the only thing that's making her stick around.

You and Hailee broke up several months ago but she hasn't gotten over you.

She still tries to think that there might be hope that you two could work things out and fate would bring you back together somehow.

She thinks it's silly sometimes because there's a rumor floating around that you've moved on with someone else but, regardless of that, she still loves you and wants you back.

She was sipping on her drink when she heard what sounded like your laugh coming from across the room.

She almost choked on her drink when she saw you greeting your mutual friend.

You were here, you had come after all.

Her heart was racing and a huge smile pulled at her lips as she thought about going up to you to steal you away from everyone else to discuss things.

But that all changed in just a heartbeat.

Because in walked none other than Taylor Swift and she watched you both share a kiss.

The rumors were true - you had moved on.

Her heart dropped and a pang of sadness hit her hard.

"If everyone wants to take a seat, go on ahead! The dinner will be starting soon." Your friend spoke.

You and Taylor took a seat at the table and Hailee sat across from you.

She cleared her throat and it caught your attention.

You looked up at her and your breath hitched when you saw her face.

"Hailee... hey. It's nice to see you." You said.

"That's all you have to say to me?" Hailee questioned.

"Excuse me?" You asked, staring at her in shock.

"You've moved on." She said.

"Oh, yeah. This is my girlfriend, Taylor."

"We've met," Hailee said with her teeth clenched. "I can't believe you've moved on, Y/N. I've been missing you like crazy. I'm still in love with you and you're with someone else!"

You looked around, making sure that no one was overhearing what was happening.

Taylor felt a little uncomfortable in her seat but you squeezed her knee reassuringly.

"Hailee, we broke up. We agreed to end things. It wasn't just my choice, you agreed! So don't start acting like that with me. You should know better."

Everyone else sat down around the three of you and the conversation was dropped for the time being.

You and Taylor talked and sipped on your drinks as you ate.

You shared a little laughter and even a kiss or two while Hailee sat across from you two, feeling jealous.

Her jaw was clenched and she had to bite her tongue to refrain from losing it here in front of everyone.

"Can you two stop?" She suddenly asked as she glared at Taylor.

Taylor had just been kissing your cheek softly.

She didn't realize that she was doing anything wrong.

"Seriously, I get it. You've moved on. Stop throwing it in my face."

"We're not!" You harshly spoke to her. "Act like an adult, will you?"

"What, I'm childish because I'm still in love with you and it pains me to see you with someone else?" Hailee scoffed.

Everyone was watching and listening now.

It was awkward and uncomfortable.

"Why are you so jealous?" Taylor asked her. "We're friends."

"Not anymore. You date my ex, whom I'm still in love with, and think we'll be friends? Come on, Taylor. You're smarter than that."

Taylor dropped her fork on her plate and it created a loud clatter, making everyone jump.

She was getting pissed.

"I get that you're jealous because you still have feelings for Y/N but she's moved on. It's been eight months. What do you want her to do? Wallow in sadness for the rest of her life? You agreed to end things. We didn't start dating until a month and a half ago. You had all that time to go and confess to her that you still love her. But you chose not to. There's only one person to blame for that and it's not either of us!" Taylor said angrily.

Hailee nodded her head, her jealousy fading away slightly.

"You're right." She quietly spoke. "I think it'd be best for everyone if I just leave."

"Hailee, wait." You said as she grabbed her things and left the room. "Wait here, Tay. I promise I'm not getting back with her, but I need to talk to her."

Taylor unclenched her jaw and nodded understandingly, trusting you.

You followed Hailee out of the house.

"Hailee, wait!" You said and she turned around to face you.

"I'm sorry for getting so jealous, okay? It's just because I love you still. It hurts seeing you with someone else!"

You sighed as you stepped closer to her.

"I get it. It's not easy, I understand that. But we ended things months ago and I just don't feel that way about you anymore, Hailee. What we had was in the past. That bridge has been burned. I care about you but only as a friend. I'm with Taylor now and I don't love you like that."

The words were harsh and hard to hear.

But they were true and as hard as it was for you to say it, you knew it needed to be done.

Because being honest with her is the only way she'll be able to move on, which she deserves.

"I understand." She said. "I kinda had the feeling but I guess I just hoped that you would feel the same."

"I'm sorry." You quietly spoke.

"Don't be. You told me the truth. It's over and that's all there is to it. I guess I just needed to hear that."

"Why don't you come back in?"

"I'm good." She said as she opened her car door. "I know you've moved on but I haven't. I need some time before we can do that whole friend thing. I'm just not ready yet."

She got inside the car and started the engine before driving away.

And you watched her go, knowing that you had done the right thing.

Sure, what you and Hailee had was special.

But things ended for a reason and you don't want to live in the past anymore.

You've moved on.

You love Taylor now.

And as hard as it might be to say and for her to understand, what you had was over for good, and you weren't turning back.