she has a nightmare

She awoke with sweat on her skin and her heart pounding in her chest. She took a few seconds to catch her breath and look around the room to get a grip on her all of her surrounding, a reminder that what she saw in her nightmare didn't actually happen.

But the nightmare continued to linger through her mind and she was scared. She couldn't stop herself from waking you up. She needed you.

"y/n. y/n please wake up." She had tears in her eyes as you opened your eyes. "Hailee? What's wrong?" You could hear her crying and you knew something had happened. "I had a really bad dream." You opened your arms up for her to crawl into and she laid down with her head on your shoulder. Her tears hit your skin, but you didn't mind.

You wrapped your arms around her back to pull her a little closer. "I'm sorry I woke you up." You ran your fingers through her hair and rubbed her back. "Don't be sorry. It's okay. I've got you." She sniffled and breathed out, her breath fanning across your skin which sent a shiver down your spine.

"I love you y/n." You smiled and kissed the side of her head. "I love you too, Hailee. Go back to sleep, baby, i'll be here the whole time." She pressed a kiss to your skin before she closed her eyes and managed to fall back asleep as you rubbed her back and whispered softly in her ear.