she surprises you for your birthday (requested)

Your friends seemed so thrilled that they had been able to pull off the surprise party they've been planning for weeks now.

You forced yourself to smile. None of them were genuine. Your friends were so happy and you tried to be happy too, you really did. But looking around the house that was filled with balloons, happy birthday signs, laughter, and smiles from your loved ones, you still can't bring yourself to feel that same happiness. Because the one you love most isn't here.

Or at least, that's what you thought.

You hadn't heard from Hailee all day aside from a text wishing you a happy birthday. You knew she was busy filming so you figured she didn't have the time to call. With everything in you though, you hoped that maybe, she could find the time to facetime you tonight.

You pulled your phone from your pocket, checking again from anything from Hailee, but there was nothing.

You shoved your phone back in your pocket as your friends brought out your cake. You watched them light the candles before they started to sing. It felt like things were moving slower than they really were.

You weren't in the mood for this, you honestly just wanted to go upstairs and watch friends and cry under the covers for the remainder of the night. Because without Hailee, none of this really meant anything to you.

"Y/n?" Your friend's voice snapped you out of your thoughts. "Aren't you gonna blow them out and make a wish?" All eyes were on you. This moment, for some reason, was bringing tears to your eyes. Because Hailee was all you wanted and she wasn't here.

You shrugged your shoulders and felt your friends touch your shoulder softly.

And it was at that moment that you heard the voice you've been waiting to hear all day.

"You're not gonna make a wish?"

Your heart was in your throat as you turned around. You saw Hailee standing a few feet away from you and with tears in your eyes you ran to her, jumping right into her embrace.

She laughed and tightened her grip around you. "You're here? How?"

She looked at your friends with a coy smile. "You didn't really think I'd miss this, did you? It's your birthday and I wouldn't miss that for the world!" She stroked your back lovingly, eyes locked on yours as she wiped away your tears before they could fall. "Happy birthday, pretty girl."

She walked to where your cake was, arms wrapped around you and face resting in the crook of your neck. She kissed across your skin, smiling when she noticed you were smiling. "Now you have to make a wish. Come on!"

You blew the candles out with no hesitation. You blushed when everyone cheered, but all you could really focus on was Hailee hugging you. "So? What'd you for?"

You spun around, arms wrapping around her neck as you leaned in to kiss her softly, something that was long overdue. "Nothing." Hailee raised her eyebrows and shook her head.

"What? Why not, honey?"

You cupped her cheek and pecked her lips once more. "Because everything that I could ever want is right here in front of me." Hailee grinned and kissed you again, ignoring the sounds of your friends' cooing and snapping pictures.

You didn't care about what happened for the rest of the night. You had Hailee and that's all you needed.