afterlife (requested)

Hailee came inside your shared apartment after a long but exciting day of work.

She saw you standing in the kitchen with your back facing her. She walked up behind you and wrapped her arms around you while leaning her head onto your back. "You're home!" You turned around and leaned in for a kiss but she stopped you.

"Wait. I have something I wanna show you first." You furrowed your eyebrows but threw the dishtowel in your hand down onto the counter. She led you to the couch and sat next to you. "Okay, so I finished a new song today. One I wrote for you."

She watched as your eyes lit up and a wide smile crossed your face. "It's called afterlife. I wrote after that night a few weeks ago when we-"

"Were burning a candle and smoking." You laughed, finishing her sentence for her. "Yeah, I remember that night very well. You asked me if I'd still love you after life... you really wrote an entire song based on our conversation?"

She nodded her head and put her phone on the stand on the table. The song began to play, the lyrics actual pieces from the conversation you shared together.

It was beautiful, but even more so it was sentimental. It was words that you exchanged, important questions you asked each other that night.

And therefore, it was the most beautiful song you'd ever heard.

You actually felt a little sad when it ended. You loved it so much that you reached over to press play again, but your girlfriend took your hand in her own before you got the chance to.

"So? What'd you think?"

You responded by kissing her lips, letting her deepen it a little before you pulled away breathless just a moment later.

"Hailee I don't even know what to say. It's beautiful. I can't believe you'd do something like that for me." She brushed her thumbs across your cheeks with a tiny giggle. "Well, you should get used to it. You're my girl and my muse. This is the first of many I'll be writing for you."

She went to kiss you again but you pulled away before her lips could touch yours. You smirked and hit play again, wanting to hear the song over and over again. "This is already my favorite song."

Hailee shook her head with a laugh. "Just wait till you hear the other songs I'm writing about you," she winked and pushed her lips back to yours.

You truly felt like the luckiest girl in the world.