she catches you vaping (requested)

"I'll be right back, okay?" You told Hailee as you got up from the sofa.

"Where are you going, baby?"

"Just upstairs for a minute. I'm a little chilly. I'm going to grab a sweater."

"Okay." She said and watched you head up the stairs to the bedroom.

Hailee patiently waited for you to return but after a few minutes went by without any sign of you coming back, she grew a little worried.

She got up and made her way upstairs and to your shared bedroom.

And what she saw surprised her, to say the least.

You were sitting on the bed with a vape in your hand and smoke falling from your lips.

"What are you doing?"

You jumped at the sound of her voice and tried to hide your vape behind your back, but you knew it was too late and she had caught you.

"You're vaping? Since when do you do that?"

"For the last week or so."

"Why?" She asked as she sat down beside you.

"I've got a lot on my plate. I needed a little stress reliever."

"Baby, there are other ways to cope with stress, better and healthier ways. This isn't good for you."

You sighed as you lowered your head.

"I know. I just didn't know what else to do."

"You could've come to me." She said as she placed her hand on your back.

"I know but you have a lot going on too. I didn't want to bother you."

"Baby, you are never a bother and I am never too stressed for you." She said as she rubbed your back. "This isn't good for you. Vaping is really unhealthy."

"Are you mad at me?"

"No." She said with a heavy sigh. "I was, at first. But I understand that you were stressed. I just don't want you doing that. There are better ways to cope with your stress, darling. You've got me."

"Yeah, I know." You said. "I'm sorry."

"Can I have it?" She asked as she held her hand out.

You handed it over to her and watched her toss it in the trash can beside her side of the bed.

"You'll be okay. You don't need that. I've got you."

She pulled you into her arms and comfortingly rubbed your back.

"Do you want to talk to me about all the things that are bothering you? I'd rather you do that than vape."

"Okay." You said as she kissed your head softly.

You let out a contented sigh and began to open up to her about everything, happily telling her everything rather than reaching for your vape again.