you snap at her (requested)

You slammed the door behind you, not even caring about how loud it and forceful it was.

Your day had been awful - every second of it. And now that you're home all you want is some peace and quiet, and time to relax and destress.

You sat down on the couch and buried your head in your hands. You heard footsteps coming closer and closer to you until a hand touched your shoulder causing you to jump.

"Whoa, sorry y/n. I didn't mean to scare you." You just bit the inside of your cheek and stayed quiet. "Did you have a good day today?" Hailee asked, clearly cheerful and happy - the complete opposite of what you felt.

You shrugged your shoulders, trying to think of how to calmly ask your girlfriend to give you some space.

But then she started to rattle off question after question and it quickly annoyed you.

"Did you not have a good day? Are you tired? Do you need anything? Are you hungry? Do you-"

"Can you just be quiet for five minutes? I had a bad day today, Hailee, and you're not making me feel any better. You're just getting on my nerves!"

As soon as the words left your mouth and you saw the hurt in her eyes you felt guilty. You didn't mean to snap. You'd never intentionally raise your voice at her or say anything like that to her.

But, thankfully, Hailee understood.

Instead of getting mad or raising her voice back at you, she stayed calm and sat down next to you on the couch.

"Wow, you must've really had a bad day..." you nodded and bit your lip, tears in your eyes from how overwhelmed you felt. "Do you wanna tell me about it? I can give you some space if that's what you really want."

You shook your head and the first of many tears started to fall. You put your head on her shoulder and felt her arms wrap around you.

"It's okay. I'm here. You don't have to talk about it right now, not until you're ready. Just know that I'm ready to listen whenever you're ready to talk." She kissed your head and held you close, patiently waiting until you were ready to open up.

"It was horrible, Hailee. I'm so stressed out." You started out, opening up to her about how overwhelming your job is and how exhausted you were.

Not once did Hailee interrupt or judge you. She sat there listening to every word you said. She wiped away your tears and gave you little kisses when you'd start to become frustrated.

And when you were done she still held you. She wasn't letting go.

"I know you're stressed out. Maybe you need to take some time off? Maybe a couple days of staying here with me will help you. Or, if you really need a break and some time to relax, we could take a little trip somewhere."

She knows you're stressed out and any way she can help you, she's willing to do.

"Really?" Hailee nodded her head and gave you a cute smile. "But for right now, let me run you a nice warm bath. We can just lay in bed and watch a movie, order some dinner, I can sing to you. Let's just have a night of relaxation. You and me, okay?"

You had tears in your eyes again. Not because you were sad, but because you felt so grateful for Hailee.

"How'd I ever get so lucky to have you? Seriously, what'd I do? You're amazing. You treat me so well."

Hailee chuckled and gave you a soft kiss on your lips before kissing your forehead. "You're the one that's amazing. I love you so much."

You grinned and gave her another kiss, this one much longer but still loving and sweet.

And as Hailee led you upstairs and helped you into a warm bath a few minutes later, you felt all your stress melt away.

She replaced all of your worries with loving words and gestures. She made sure you smiled and relaxed as she peppered kisses to your skin, promising you that tomorrow was gonna be a much better day.