she's sick (requested)

You woke up to a light shining in your eyes. You groaned and tried to bury your face in the pillows to block it out, but then you heard the sound of vomiting and you sat straight up.

You felt around the bed next to you for Hailee and realized what was happening when you felt that she wasn't in bed next to you.

You kicked the blankets off of you and ran into the bathroom where you saw Hailee resting her forehead on the seat of the toilet, too sick to care about how unsanitary it was for her to be doing that.

"Hailee?" She turned to look your way when she heard your voice. You could see the sweat mingling on her forehead and the tear stains on her cheeks. "Y/n? Go back to bed. I don't want you to see me like this."

You shook your head and sat down behind her. You put her hair up so it was out of her face and you started to rub her back. "Don't be silly, Hailee. I'm not going anywhere."

You heard her whimper. Her stomach was starting to ache and she felt that familiar burn in her throat before she leaned over and started to vomit again.

You stayed behind her and rubbed her back the entire time. "It's okay Hailee. Let it all out. It's alright." She coughed and continued till she felt like she had nothing more in her to get out.

"Shh, it's okay." She sniffled and shakily flushed the toilet before leaning her head back on your shoulder. You could feel her tears falling from her eyes and hitting your shirt. "I'm sorry." She muttered while you kept rubbing her back. You knew she felt gross and miserable and it broke your heart.

"I probably look disgusting." She sniffled. "No, you don't. You could never." You kissed her clammy forehead and helped her up. You put some of the toothpaste on her toothbrush before handing it to her. "I'll be back in just a second." You promised and kissed her head before walking out of the room.

You came back up a minute later with a bucket, a cool cloth, and some cold water for her. You saw her sitting on the edge of the bed, her head buried in her hands until she heard your footsteps and she lifted her head to look at you.

You knelt on the floor in front of her and softly stroked her cheeks. She leaned her cheek on your palm and you smiled as you brushed your thumb across her cheek. "You okay?" She cleared her throat and shrugged her shoulders.

You handed her the bottle of water and she took a few sips of it before she let go of a heavy breath. "You're taking such great care of me." She smiled sadly and you let out a little chuckle, brushing the hair away that was sticking to her forehead from the sweat that was on her skin. "You're my girl, I'll always take care of you the best I can. Now lay back."

She crawled up the bed and laid her head on the pillows. You covered her up with the blankets and put the bucket in front of her on the floor. "Need anything else?" Her eyes were growing heavy, but she was trying to fight to keep them open for just a couple more minutes.

"Yeah, your cuddles." You couldn't stop the smile from spreading on your face. You kissed her forehead and laid next to her. She slowly and carefully rolled over and put her head on your chest. "I love you y/n." She mumbled and caved into the sleep that her body was desperately craving.

"I love you too." You said, running your hand up and down your back as you started to hum quietly in her ear. She was asleep within a couple of minutes and you hoped she'd stay that way for a few hours, to get the sleep she so needs and deserves.