meeting her parents for the first time (requested)

"They'll love you, I promise" Hailee assured you, trying to calm you down as a wave of anxiety washed over you.

Tonight you're meeting her parents for the first time and to say you're nervous would be an understatement. "Are you sure?" Hailee nodded but for extra reassurance, she pulled you in for a sweet kiss. Her fingers held your cheeks gently in her hands, her thumbs light brushing across them.

You're more nervous than anything because of Hailee's dad. You know he's a big guy since he's a fitness trainer and you're the lead singer of a rock band. You don't really know how he'll react when he meets you but you just hope he likes you.

Hailee held your hand in her free one as she opened the door. "Mom? Dad?" You heard the sound of rushing footsteps. Her mom came running in and quickly pulled Hailee in her arms while her dad slowly came in and embraced them both in a hug. "Hey, honey! We're so happy you made it!" Her mom said as she pulled away.

They both turned their attention to you and even though you attempted to hide it, you're fairly certain that they could see how nervous you are. "Y/n, right?" You nodded as her mom hugged you. But her dad was giving you a look, one that made you shake in your shoes. "Hailee has told us all about you. We're so happy to meet you! Aren't we, Peter?"

Peter just stared you down for a second before bursting into laughter. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I know you're nervous, I'm sorry. Come here, rockstar." he said as he pulled you in for a hug.  Your shoulders dropped with relief knowing that they both like you, so far.

The dinner Cheri made was absolutely delicious. You offered to help her do the dishes, but she refused to let you. "No, y/n, sweetie, it's fine. I promise. I'll get them later, it's fine." She assured you making Hailee and Peter chuckle.

"You've got a good one," Peter said to Hailee making her grin as she stared at you. "I'm happy for you. I know how long you've been waiting for someone like her. Your mom and I both like her." Hailee grinned as you came over and rested your head on her shoulder.

Her arms wrapped around you, her lips lightly brushing over the crown of your head as her parents stared happily at the sight of their daughter so in love. "Good, because so do I. I don't plan on letting her go."