you carry her to bed (requested)

You stretched your arms out over your head as you opened your eyes.

Looking around the room, you were surprised to see that you weren't curled up in bed beside Hailee and, instead, you were still on the sofa.

The movie you had turned on to watch together had ended hours ago and the TV had turned black since there wasn't another movie queued up to play after it.

You looked at the clock on the wall to see that it was just a little after one in the morning.

That's when you realize that you must've fallen asleep while the movie was playing.

For a second, you wondered where Hailee was but you didn't have to wonder for long because you felt her stir with her head on your lap just a few seconds later.

You looked down and with the tiny bit of moonlight coming through the curtains, you were able to see her looking like an angel as she slept on your lap.

It was impossible to keep yourself from smiling; you swear that you're just so in love with her.

You brushed your fingers through her hair and watched her smile in her sleep before you leaned down and kissed her head softly.

"Hailee? Baby, are you ready to go to bed?"

She didn't say anything, too deep in her peaceful slumber to hear a word you were saying.

You gently brushed your fingers across her cheek and she let out a couple of soft sounds but those brown eyes that you adore didn't open.

This wouldn't be the most comfortable place or position to sleep tonight and you knew that waking Hailee wasn't going to be easy.

So you decided that you'd carry her to bed.

You gently moved her head from your lap and then set it down on the cushion as you got up, carefully and slowly.

She stirred again but stayed asleep as you kissed her forehead softly.

Putting your arms around her, you managed to lift her from the sofa and carefully placed her in your arms.

Instinctively, her legs wrapped around your hips and she buried her face in your neck.

"It's okay, baby. I've got you." You said as you made your way toward the stairs, thankful for the tiny part of the moon lighting up the room from the curtains.

It helped you find your way without stumbling over anything, which kept your girlfriend safe in your arms with every step you took.

You began to make your way up the stairs and Hailee stirred again as you did so.

This time though, unlike the others, her tired eyes opened.

"Y/N?" She mumbled.

"Shh, it's alright." You whispered. "We fell asleep on the sofa. I'm carrying you up to bed."

She cracked a smile against your neck as she put her face back there and then she pressed a soft kiss against your skin.

"Thank you, my love. You're amazing." She whispered tiredly, her arms wrapping around your neck.

"You've carried me to bed many times before. Let me do the same for you." You said and once you reached the top step, you gave her a loving kiss on her head.

"It's almost like I'm floating on a cloud." She said as a contented feeling rushed over her, a tired smile staying on her face with every step.

You just chuckled and kept holding her close to you, your grip on her secure but not too tight.

Once reaching the bedroom, you turned the light on and carried her over to the bed before gently placing her on the mattress.

"That was wonderful." She smiled at you.

"Now you know how I feel when you carry me." You smiled and watched her brown eyes light up.

You went to walk away, only for her to grab your hand with a pout.

"Cuddle with me."

"I will but I figured I should turn the light off first." You teased.

She let your hand go and watched you turn the light off before you hurried back to the bed and crawled under the covers with her.

You made sure she was nice and warm beneath them before scooting closer to her.

You put your head on her shoulder before she placed hers on yours and grabbed your hand under the blankets, her thumb brushing softly across your knuckles.

"You're my everything." She whispered. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, baby." You whispered back to her. "You're my everything too; my whole world, the love of my life. You're my favorite girl."

She smiled and closed her heavy eyes.

"You're mine too." She mumbled sleepily. "Goodnight, darling. Thanks for carrying me up here."

"Anytime, angel. Goodnight." You said before closing your eyes too, falling asleep to the sound of her soft breaths as she drifted back off to sleep.