waking her up for cuddles

Feeling frustrated and restless, you rolled back onto your side to face Hailee, deciding to watch her sleep while you laid there wide awake.

She looked so innocent and angelic beside you. Her hair spread messily across her pillow, her lips parted just a little as tiny snores and steady breaths slid passed them. You reached a hand up and brushed your fingers through her long brown locks. She's finally getting the rest she deserves after a long few days, which is the reason why you don't wanna wake her.

You tried to close your eyes and lay still, telling yourself that you'd fall asleep soon. You tried counting sheep and didn't lift a finger, but still, you were wide awake.

You knew you shouldn't, but you still found yourself turning your head to look at the time. It was a little after two am, meaning that you've been restless over almost two hours now. You tried to resist the urge to wake Hailee because you know she's tired and she needs her sleep. But you need her to cuddle you. You need her to hold you; for her arms to wrap around you, caging you in the warmest and safest embrace while you could listen to the steady rhythm of her heartbeat.

You needed her.

So, hesitantly, you reached over and laid your hand on her arm. Your fingers brushed along her arm, slowly her eyes fluttered open. A whine left her lips when she saw the room was still dark. No light seeping through the curtains. It was still early and she still had time to sleep.

"Y/n? What is it?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes to try to rid the sleep from them so she could adjust to the darkness.

"I can't sleep. I really didn't wanna wake you but it's been almost two hours and I'm still not tired and I just really want you to hold me."

Hailee cracked a small sleepy smile and nodded her head slowly, arms instantly opening for you to crawl into. She chuckled at the hum that fell from your lips when her arm wrapped around you. "Good?" She checked as you laid your head over her heart and let the sound of her heartbeat bring you the comfort you've been needing.

"Yeah. I'm already feeling better."

"I'm happy to hear that," she whispered softly and then started to run her fingers softly along your back and to your shoulder blades. Your eyes slipped shut and a soft sigh escaped your lips and, before you knew it, from the comfort of her arms and the soft brush of her fingers running along your back, you drifted off to sleep.

"My beautiful girl," Hailee whispered in your ear. "I love you so much. Sleep tight. Sweet dreams. I won't dare let you go for the rest of the night." She said and laid a few kisses to your temple before she closed her eyes, too.

She knew she would also be sleeping better now that you were safe in her arms.