slow dancing in the rain

Even though the rain was pouring and the sky was grey and cloudy, you felt content.

You sat on the swing you and Hailee put on the front porch. It was a light rain. There was no sign of a storm coming today and the air was a little chilly, but you had Hailee's sweater on to keep yourself warm while you watched the rain fall slowly.

The door opened and you turned your head to see Hailee making her way to you. "Hey, lovely. What are you doing?" She wondered as she sat next to you and laid a kiss to your cheek. "Watching the rain."

Hailee wasn't surprised. She knows how much you love the rain. Not the storms, but a little rain in the morning and during the day is one thing you always seem to love. "Are you cold?" You shook your head. "No. I'm warm, and I'm happy." You put your head on her shoulder, and she smiled at your words.

"I'm always happy to hear that. You know, there's something I've always wanted to do with you in the rain. Are you up for it?"

"Of course. Is it kissing in the rain?" You quirked your eyebrow teasingly and Hailee just laughed. "Kinda." She pulled out her phone and turned on 'lover'. She reached for your hand and kissed it softly before leading you down the steps and into the rain.

She put her arms around you and started to slowly move from side to side with you. You caught on and let a little giggle fall from your lips, a sound that made Hailee's heart swell with joy. You leaned your head down on her shoulder, kissing her collarbone softly before you closed your eyes and swayed with Hailee.

"I love this."

"Yeah?" She wondered with happiness beaming in her eyes.

"Yeah."

She leaned down as you looked up. Your lips touched and even though your clothes were soaking wet and a little cold when the wind would blow, you only felt a warmth wash over you as her lips moved against yours, and her arms held you close.

"I love you." You whispered against her lips. Her forehead fell to yours, your eyes closed and you felt her nose nudge against your cheek. The moment was so romantic and so beautiful.

"I love you too." She said softly and planted a lingering kiss to your cheek. The song was on a loop, playing again and again, making sure the moment wouldn't end until you were ready for it to.

And you didn't ever want it to.