you'll always be my little girl (requested)

You couldn't believe the day had come.

Looking at your little girl, who wasn't such a little girl anymore, all you could feel was pride and love for her.

It's her first day of college today and you and Hailee wanted to drop her off, which Grace was happy about. She knows it'll be months till she can see you both again and every moment spent with you both is one you all cherish.

She had the biggest smile on her face as she looked around campus. She looked back at you and Hailee, grinning from ear to ear while you did your best to hold back your tears. "Isn't it amazing?" She asked completely awe-struck and ready for the journey ahead of her.

You and Hailee were never the type to overstep boundaries or push her in a direction she was uncomfortable with. You supported her and her dreams through everything and it made you so proud to see her ready to make them all come true.

Hailee put her hand on your back for a second of comfort and glanced back at Grace before going to the trunk and grabbing the rest of her bags. The apartment on campus had been set up just a few days prior.

You both walked with Grace to her apartment. She waved and smiled at everyone walking by, her big and beautiful smile that looked just like Hailee's made people happy and you watched everyone smile and wave back at her.

You knew she'd be making friends with everyone before the day was even over.

You stepped inside her apartment and Hailee put her bags down on the floor. You watched Grace drop her keys in a dish by the door before she looked back at you both, her smile that was there just a minute ago had faded.

"I'm gonna miss you both." She said, the tears welling up in her eyes as she threw her arms around you. "Thank you for always believing in me. I'll call you every day, I promise." You both giggled and held her tight as your tears started to fall.

"We're so proud of you. You are gonna have such a wonderful time here, but just know that if you ever need anything we're only a phone call away," Hailee said as Grace moved into her arms.

Grace pulled away from Hailee and looked back at you. "Mom don't cry!" She threw herself into your arms and all you could do was chuckle. "They're happy tears, sweetheart. I promise." You paused and rubbed her back. "I'm so proud of you. I'm so proud of the woman you've become. You're so kind-hearted and so compassionate. You amaze me every day. If you need me, don't hesitate to call me. I'll be here in the blink of an eye."

She pulled away with a smile on her face and looked around her apartment. Her heart was doing leaps, both out of nervousness and happiness. This is the day she's waited so long for.

You wanted to push off goodbye for as long as you could. But your little girl was ready to spread her wings and you weren't gonna stand in her way.

It was time to let her go.

"I love you," she smiled as you made your way to the door. Hailee let a tear fall down her cheeks as she watched her daughter in awe.

It all came back to her at that moment.

She flashed back to the little girl that once clung to her legs. The little girl that she sang or read to every single night and would wake you both up every morning by jumping into bed with you, insisting that she couldn't wait for even another second for cuddles. The little girl that couldn't fall asleep without being tucked in.

The little girl that was now a beautiful, strong, confident woman with her whole life ahead of her. Full of ambitions and determination to make you both, and herself, proud.

She was grown now.

And with one last hug and many I love you's, you turned around and headed out of the building with tears streaming down your face.

Words would never be able to describe how proud you were of your daughter.

You were ready to watch her take on the whole world but you were also already counting down the days till she'd be home again.