you have an eating disorder (requested)

Hailee sat across from you at the table in silence.

You haven't taken a single bite of your food. You've pushed it around with your fork on your plate for the past five minutes.

Hailee knows something is wrong. She has for a little while now, but she doesn't know how to ask you. But watching you now she knows it's gotta be worse than she originally thought.

She purposely stopped on her way home from the studio to buy your favorite. And you still won't even eat a single bite of it.

"You aren't hungry?" You looked up from your plate and saw the worry in her eyes. You chuckled nervously and cleared your throat. You didn't even know she was watching you.

"Not really," Hailee gnawed at her lip, suddenly more worried than ever. She didn't know how to approach this type of conversation. But she knew she needed to talk to you and help you before it was too late.

"Why not? Did you eat lunch?" When you hesitated to answer she let out a heavy sigh and reached for your hand from across the table. "You don't think I know what you're doing to yourself?"

"Hailee-" "Don't. Please don't," she paused and pushed her plate away. "I've seen you do this to yourself for a little while now and I'm really worried about you. Y/n, every time I come home the same food is in the fridge or in the cupboards. I know you're not eating..."

You bit your lip as tears formed in your eyes.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?"

You stayed silent, unsure of how to respond.

Hailee pushed her chair back and walked over to you. She knelt on the floor in front of you and took your hands in hers. "You have to stop this. You can't keep doing this to yourself. You're hurting yourself, baby. It hurts me to see you like this," she paused and brought your hand up to her lips. "You've lost a lot of weight. That worries me."

You nodded your head weakly.

"I just wanna be good enough for you. I saw someone say I had gained weight and these thoughts just wouldn't stop..." She was angry at whoever had said that to you. She had never noticed you gaining weight. All she could see was how beautiful you were.

"Ignore them. I think you're absolutely beautiful just the way you are." She wiped a tear that fell down your cheek. "I'll help you if you'll let me. We'll get you some help. You won't do this alone, I promise."

You nodded and leaned your head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry."

She kissed your forehead a few times before you pulled away. "Don't be sorry. Don't apologize. Let's just focus on you getting help and getting better."

You looked back at the plate of food and then at Hailee before you took your fork and took a bite. She smiled widely at you, her shoulders dropping in relief as she saw you eat for the first time in a little while. "I'm so proud of you." She said, happy and grateful that you were taking the first step towards healing.