crunchy leaves and spilt coffees

You walked down the sidewalk and smiled at the sound of all the leaves crunching under your feet. You love fall, mostly because of the color of all the changing leaves and you especially love when they fall on the ground.

You got distracted by the sound of all the leaves crunching underneath you, deliberately stepping on every one you could, until you bumped into someone and fell to the ground. You landed right on top of them and right away you got scared. "Oh my god! Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" You stood up and saw the girl you bumped into.

She's absolutely gorgeous. She had long brown hair and beautiful brown eyes, and her lips looked slightly chapped from walking in the cold. You held your hand out for her to take and surprisingly, she grabbed it. She stood up and brushed herself off and fixed the beanie that sat on her head. "It's alright. I'm all good, though I did spill my coffee." She frowned and you felt a small rush of guilt come over you.

"I'm really sorry about that!" Hailee shook her head and smiled at you. "Can I buy you another coffee?" Hailee was speechless for a second, suddenly feeling mesmerized by how beautiful you are. There's no way she could say no. "You really don't have to, but I'd really like that."

When you arrived at the cafe you were met with heat from the fireplace inside. Of all your years living in this city, not once have you ever been to this cafe. Hailee walked up to the counter and ordered her drink, nodding towards you to order yourself one too. And though you offered to pay for hers, she pulled money out from her wallet and handed it to the barista before you could.

"Hey, I said I was gonna buy you that coffee. Remember? I'm the one who spilled your last one all over you!" Hailee just giggled and put her hand on your shoulder. "It's seriously not a big deal..." She stopped short when she realized that she didn't even know your name. "Y/n" you said and Hailee's heart skipped a beat. "I'm Hailee." She was about to say something else when the barista put your drinks on the counter for you to grab.

She led you over to a seat right near the fireplace before she began rattling off questions, desperate to get to know you better. You ended up losing all track of time. Hailee kept joking around, she made you laugh like no one ever has before. Before you knew it, it was getting dark. Hours had gone by, but you didn't mind. "I had a really fun time today." You muttered as you walked out of the cafe with Hailee following behind you. "Yeah me too y/n."

A couple bumped into you as you making you fall forward but Hailee hooked her arm around your waist and caught you before you could fall. "You know that's the second time you almost knocked me over today?" She joked, making you laugh again. "Sorry. I'm kind of a clutz." Hailee nodded her head and locked her gaze on yours as you looked up.

You felt her hand cup your cheek before she kissed you, her lips still slightly chapped, but you didn't mind. You melted right into the kiss and let your hand rest on her hip. She broke the kiss a moment later and smiled at you. She pulled her phone out from her pocket and had you put your number in before you did the same with yours. And with one last kiss to your cheek, she walked away, promising to see you again in just a couple days.