your childhood friend doesn't approve of you dating her (requested)

Your friend looked at you and Hailee from across the room. She wasn't exactly your biggest fan of your relationship with her. You didn't understand why but you always tried to explain just how happy Hailee makes you.

You were sitting on her lap, giggling as she tickled you. She kept placing kisses across your cheeks and you couldn't stop laughing. "Wanna go grab some lunch?" You nodded your head and looked over at your friend who shrugged her shoulders but grabbed her phone and slipped her shoes on anyways.

The car ride was a little awkward, your friend remaining completely still and silent. You didn't understand why she disliked your relationship with Hailee so much, but you tried to brush it off.

You arrived at the restaurant a little while later, walking inside hand in hand with Hailee as your friend followed behind you. the restaurant didn't look crowded from outside but when you walked inside you realized it was packed. You felt your hands starting to shake as you looked around the crowded room. It felt as though everyone was staring at you and people kept shoving you and suddenly, you felt like you couldn't breathe.

Hailee felt your hand starting to sweat and she looked up at you to see how pale you'd gone. "Y/n?" She cupped your cheeks in her hands before leading you over to a bench where no was sitting. Your friend sat down on the floor next to you, her hand rubbing your arm soothingly as Hailee took your hands in hers. You clenched your eyes shut and started to gasp for air, feeling as though you couldn't breathe. "Y/n listen to me. Focus on me, on the sound of my voice. You're gonna be okay, baby, I promise."

You opened your eyes, your vision blurring with tears as Hailee gave your hand a small squeeze. "I can't breathe" you started to cry and Hailee moved one of her hands from yours and moved it to your back. "You can. Close your eyes, focus on the sound of my voice. I'm here with you. You're safe, I promise." You did as she said, closing your eyes again and trying to get some air into your lungs as Hailee rubbed your back.

Your friend watched as Hailee comforted you. It brought a smile to her face when she saw just how much Hailee was helping you through this. Your panic attacks were always too much for you to handle alone and seeing how Hailee was helping you through them made her feel happy for you, that you found someone who understood you so well and clearly loves and cares about you so much.

Once the panic attack passed over and you felt like you could breathe again you opened your eyes to find your friend smiling at you. She looked at Haille and rested her hand on her shoulder. "Thank you for helping her, Hailee." Hailee smiled at your friend before looking back at you, leaning forward to press a kiss to your forehead. "Wanna go somewhere else?" She looked between you and your friend and you both nodded. Hailee helped you stand up on your shaky knees and helped you back out to the car.

You knew your friend understood now just how much you love Hailee and how much she truly means to you. You spent the entire lunch watching as they laughed and joked around with each other. It made you happy to see the two people that mean the most to you finally getting along.