those three words

You squirmed around on the floor underneath Hailee as she attacked your sides with her fingers.

The only sound throughout the house was the sound of her laugh mixing with hers. Tears fell from your eyes as she continued to tickle you, refusing to show you any mercy.

"Hailee, quit it!" You laughed and went to kick your leg out but she moved one of her hands from your sides and to your knee, holding it back so you couldn't kick her.

"And? What will you do if I don't?" You rolled your eyes at her but that only made it worse and before you knew it, tears were falling from your eyes because of how much you were laughing.

You mumbled something that Hailee couldn't quite catch so she loosened her grip on your sides and furrowed her brows. "What'd you say?"

You giggled and stared deeply into her beautiful eyes. "I said that I love you."

She gasped and retracted her hand from your sides making you throw your head back as you tried to catch your breath. "W-Wait... you really love me?"

You looked abck at her and smiled at her. "Of course I do."

Her lips tigged up slightly, her forehead moving to rest on yours. "Say it again."

Your breath hitched as she rested a hand on your cheek. "I love you, Hailee."

She leaned down and pressed a lingering kiss to your forehead. Her heart felt so full in that moment, it felt like it could just burst right from her chest.

She's waited so long to hear those words and even though she wanted to be the first to say them, they sounded so sweet falling off of your lips, and the love she felt for you before that moment only grew even more.

"I love you too." She reached her hand down and held yours tightly. "I love you so much, y/n. I've wanted to tell you that for so long." She stroked your cheek softly, her eyes locked with yours as she began to lean in.

But you caught her off guard and pushed her on her back. You smirked at her as you moved your hands to her sides. "I really do love you a lot, but I'm getting revenge," you said as you began to tickle her making her laugh loudly.