"no." (requested)

"You're so quiet this evening. What's going on with you, baby? You're making me a little worried."

Despite the chuckle that fell from her lips, you heard the shakiness in her voice. She was seriously worried as you got so lost in your thoughts, trying hard to think of how you should say what's on your mind.

"I've been thinking..."

"About?" She wondered, waiting for you to continue.

"It's hard for me to say."

"You can tell me anything, y/n. Anything at all. You know that." She said as she put her hand on your thigh for comfort, her fingers brushing along your soft skin in circles.

"Hailee, I think we should break up."

She froze as the words left your lips.

Why would ever think such a thing?

"People have been saying things lately, talking about how I don't deserve you, and how it would be better if we broke up and I've been thinking that maybe they're right. I mean, one day you'll meet someone else. Maybe they'd be better for you. Maybe things would be easier this way. Maybe it would make people happier-"

"No." She interrupted.

It was only one word, but it took you by surprise.

"Absolutely not."

"Hailee-"

"Stop. Whatever this is, stop it. I don't care about what people think of me. I don't care about making other people happy. Do I love my job? Yes, absolutely. I love what I do. But I'm my own person, too. I have to do things that make me happy. I don't care about the haters or people that want to throw their two cents in on our relationship all the time. They don't matter. They never will."

She gently put her hand on your cheek, wiping away the tear that fell from your eyes.

"People are always going to say things, y/n, That doesn't mean that you have to listen. You're my girl, the love of my life, and I am not letting you go. I want to spend the rest of my life loving you. I don't care what anyone says about that. I work hard and I deserve to be happy and fall in love and that's what I'm doing. I'm not losing you."

"I love you too."

She smiled and dropped her forehead onto yours, her thumb brushing across your cheek.

"No more crazy talk like this. It's you and me against the world. Nothing matters but us. I'd rather lose fans than lose you. Because if people can't be happy for me, if they can't see how in love with you I am and how you make me a better person, then they can leave. I won't lose you. Not ever."

"You always know just to what to say." You sniffled and put your cheek on her shoulder.

She wrapped her arms around you and kissed the top of your head, smiling as she held you tight.

"I'm sorry for saying such a thing."

"Don't be. Just don't let people bring you down. I've got you and that's all that matters."

She was exactly right.

And from now on, you would never let anyone's opinions get the best of you; not when you have an amazing girlfriend to lean on through whatever comes your way.