scary movies (requested)

"How would you like to start our night in?" You asked Hailee as she split the last slice of pizza between the two of you, letting you have the biggest part of it.

"We should watch a movie!"

"What one?" You asked as you grabbed the remote.

"How about something scary? Halloween? IT? Nightmare on elm street? Hush? Wrong turn?"

You looked at her in disbelief.

She knows how much you hate scary movies. They scare you too much, even if others say the movie is far from terrifying.

"Hailee, you know how much I hate scary movies." You whined.

"It'll be fun!"

"No, it won't be."

You shook your head and when she pouted at you, you groaned.

She always gets her way when she does that. You can't ever tell her no.

"Why not another comedy? How about date night or neighbors?"

"Baby, we watched them both recently. I want to watch a scary movie."

"Why?" You asked. "You know how much I hate them."

"I know... but I thought if we watched one maybe you could curl up to me."

You cracked a small smile, finding that to be incredibly cute.

"We haven't spent much time together lately because we've both been so busy with work. I thought, maybe, you'd agree just so we could hold onto each other."

"Oh, Hailee." You mumbled and then put your head on her chest. "Okay. I'll agree this time if, and only if, you promise to hold me tight the whole entire time and throughout the night so I don't have any bad dreams."

"It's a promise, my love." She smiled.

She turned on one of the scariest movies she could find and the beginning alone was enough to make you jump and bury your face in her shirt.

"Shh, baby. It's okay. I've got you. Nothing's going to hurt you, I promise."

"I know." You said and smiled a little as she kissed your head.

And although you hate scary movies, you know you'll make it through this one with Hailee there to hold you.