that's what I'm here for (requested)

As soon as Hailee closed the door she heard the little running footsteps coming from the kitchen to the living room where she was at.

"There she is!" Her eyes lit up with your little girl came into view. Bending down, she closed her eyes when Grace ran right into her arms. She picked her up and gave her a little squeeze. Planting kisses all over her head and face, the girl squirmed in her grip as she followed the clatter of dishes to the kitchen.

"Did you have a good day at school?"

She made her way to the kitchen table and set Grace down in the chair where she'd previously been sitting. She could tell from the papers spread across the table and the glass of her favorite juice in the center of the table.

"Yeah! It was  great!"

Grace's enthusiasm brought a bright smile onto Hailee's face.

"I'm so happy to hear that! What are we doing for homework? Do you need some help?"

Grace nodded her head and Hailee pulled a seat up beside her. She was all set and ready to help her with whatever she needed, but the sound of you letting out a sigh from the sink caused her head to turn.

"I'll be right back, angel." She said and kissed the top of Grace's head, running her fingers through her wavy brown locks. She strode from the table and over to you. She put her arm around you but you pulled away and shut the water in the sink off.

"Baby? Everything okay?"

You were wiping your hands with the dishtowel on the counter but upon hearing her question you threw it down.

"No." You grumbled before turning around. "You promised you'd do the dishes before you left for the studio this morning!"

"I know I did. But they called me and told me I had to come in earlier than intended and I,"

"Can you stop making excuses for five seconds?!"

Your voice grew louder and louder and suddenly Grace was gasping at the sound. Hailee quickly turned her head and her heart broke when she noticed Grace's wide eyes.

"Honey? Go up to your room. I'll have you come back down in a few minutes and I'll help you with your homework then."

"But-"

"Just a few minutes, sweetie. I promise." Hailee tried to smile at her, to calm the small girls' mind. But inside, she was starting to seethe.

She watched her climb the stairs and waited for that bedroom door to close before she turned at you.

"We made a promise six years ago when our daughter came into this world that we would never fight in front of her; no exceptions!" She reminded you, her own voice growing loud as anger bubbled up inside. "She looked scared! That's why we made that promise to each other! Remember?" She tugged at her hair again and again. Despite how angry she was, she was still keeping in mind that Grace could hear any and every word you exchanged.

"Oh, God, Y/N! I know what I said but I had to leave early this morning! What's the big deal?"

"The big deal is you're leaving early and getting home late and I'm doing a lot on my own and I'm having a hard time! Okay? Your producers and fans aren't the only ones that need you! We need you." You ran your hand through your hair, again and again, making it a mess. "I need your help!" You yelled... but there was no mistaking the tears in your eyes.

Hailee couldn't take the sight. She wondered if they were from frustration or if you were saddened by something.

You both went silent and took a few deep breaths. You had your back turned again but this time when she tried to hold you close, you didn't pull away.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice. I know what we promised. I'm just stressed out and I'm tired and,"

"Shh." Hailee shushed you softly, hand brushing along your back comfortingly. "I know you are. I've been taking on a lot more when it comes to working. Between interviews and music and movies. I know I leave early and get home late and I'm so sorry about that. Baby, if you're having a hard time juggling this all on your own all you have to do is say so." She whispered. "I will take time away if you need my help."

You turned around and let your forehead fall against hers. "It's just a lot to handle on my own sometimes..."

"That's why I'm here." She said as she brushed your fingertips along your arm. "Remember our vows? I promised you, through the good and the bad, I'll always be right here."

You laid your head against her chest and cracked a smile at the memory.

"Nothing is more important to me than you and Grace. I'm gonna take tomorrow off. It's the weekend, so that means no school for Grace. So, I say we spend some time together."

"The three of us?"

Your heart felt warm at the thought.

"Yes. And then, later on, just us. I think we could use a little time together."

You lifted your head and gave her a nod.

After another moment of silence, you spoke up again.

"Grace has been missing you. She likes it when you're here to help her get ready for the day and to kiss her goodnight. To sing to her or read her a story. She likes it when I do those things, but they mean more coming from you."

She smiled. "I think I'm gonna do both of those things tonight for her. I miss giving her a bath and reading her jack and the beanstalk."

You laughed and put your head on her shoulder.

"I'm gonna help out more. No more of these super late nights or heading out the door before the sun even comes up. You and Grace are my entire world."

"We love you too..." You smiled and kissed her softly.

But you broke apart when you heard a little giggle from the stairs.

Looking over there, you saw Grace hugging her stuffed bear to her chest and closing her eyes at the sight of you two sharing a kiss.

You both laughed and pulled away from each other's arms to wave her over.

"No more fight?" She mumbled as she slowly walked toward the both of you.

"Everything is just fine now, baby," Hailee said as she smiled at you then down at your daughter. "Come here! Give me hugs and kisses! Oh, how I've missed you today! You get bigger and bigger every day!" Hailee giggled as she blew raspberries against Grace's cheek causing he small girl to shriek and laugh. Eyes closed, smile bright, laugh joyous as she tilted her head back and tried to pull out of Hailee's grip.

You stood back with a smile on your face.

Things would be better from here.