your car breaks down (requested)

You pounded your fists on the steering wheel in frustration. You turned the key, desperate for your car to start back up again, but all you were met with was the sound of the engine sputtering.

You cursed under your breath and dropped your forehead against the wheel. This was just your luck - to break down in the middle of nowhere. You had spent most of the day visiting family that lives out in the countryside and now the sun was starting to set and there's no one or nothing around you.

You grabbed your phone from the compartment below the dashboard and called Hailee, hoping she'd somehow be able to help you out of this situation.

"Hello?" You could hear the smile in her voice and if you hadn't been so stressed out, you would've smiled too. "Hailee? I have a small emergency."

"What? You're not hurt, are you?" She worried. "No, but my car died. I can't get it to start up again. I don't know what to do." You bit your nails and tried to hide the panic you felt but it was impossible to hide it from your girlfriend.

"Okay. I'll come to pick you up. Do you know where you are? Are there street signs around you or anything?" You sighed and tried to look around but you couldn't see. It was too dark. "I can't tell."

She detected the anxiety in your tone and shushed you softly. "Okay, it's okay. I'm on my way. Just stay calm, stay in your car until I get there." You nodded, even though she couldn't see you, and hung up.

You went to your maps and found your location before you sent it off to Hailee, feeling relieved when she texted you that she was on her way and she wasn't too far.

And after an hour and a half that was filled with panic and fear, Hailee finally arrived. You got out of your car and ran to her, sighing out in relief when you were safe in her arms. "It's okay, I've got you." She comforted, rubbing your back softly.

A couple of minutes later a tow truck arrived and hooked your car up, promising to take it to a nearby shop to get it fixed as quickly as possible.

When the truck was out of sight you stared out at the trees, feeling a cold wind blow causing a shiver to go down your spine. You felt Hailee wrap her jacket around your shoulders before she kissed your cheek. "It's getting late, honey. Are you ready to go home?"

You nodded and got inside the car. When Hailee got in the driver's seat you stole a quick kiss. She smiled at you and started the car. "Thank you for coming." She pecked your cheek and kept one hand on the wheel while using her other hand to hold yours.

"Anytime, my love. Now relax, we've got a long drive home." She intertwined your fingers together and you kicked your feet up on the dashboard. You might have a long drive home, but you can't really complain. You're just happy to spend it with her.