Home

She asks me a few more questions about the case. Then she does something I will never forget.
"Why don't you come back tomorrow? You seem to know quite a bit, and you are good at this."
After I recover from the shock, I quickly reply
"Ok! Sounds great! What time should I be here?"
"Umm, how about 8?"
I nod happily.
"Do you need a ride home?"
"NO!!" I answer all to quickly.
"Sorry, I mean no thank you. I can walk home. It's pretty close to here."
I stand up and smile at her, and she smiles back.
"Goodbye Detective Beckett."
"Goodbye Ross.

I walk "home" and open the door. I live in an abandoned building, but it's ok. I have electricity and my laptop and a few possessions from my home in Sacramento, California. After my mom died, we had her funeral a few weeks later. Afterwards, we were driving back home and I saw a car behind us. I didn't think much of it, but it then started following us. After a few miles I realized, but before I could say anything, it was to late. They ran into us, and I woke up in the hospital a week later. There were tubes coming out of me everywhere. I had almost died. I looked over at the bed next to me and saw my dad in the same condition I was. I sat up and a nurse walked in. I said "siblings?" and she looked at me and said "I'm sorry."

No one but my dad and I knew the truth, that all three of my amazing siblings were murdered. The M. E. ruled it an accident, because the driver if the other car "lost control" but we knew better.
I slipped into a depressive state, and so did my dad. He thought taking a trip would help, so he took us to New York. We went into a restaurant, and after we were done eating, we started walking back to the hotel. Suddenly I didn't see my dad, so I walked backwards a little and found him dead, in the alley, shot.
I called the police but they never solved his murder. They tried to put me into foster care, but I ran away. And here I am. Living in an abandoned building in New York, with no family, but very depressed.

I walked into the bathroom which plumbing still works (most of the time) and pulled out a razor. I rolled up my sleeve and dragged it across my skin, watching as the blood flows down my wrist, and I feel something again.