Nick

I have several nightmares, and I am so exhausted, I just lay in bed with my eyes closed. I'm so sick of this.

Before I know it, I hear Castle on the phone.

"Yeah I found her in the park, she's fine. I tracked her GPS. Yes, she's still mad. I'm trying but, this isn't something she's just going to let go. Yes I'll try and get her to eat and go to the precinct. I'm afraid for her too. Should we tell her? Alright, I won't. I won't let her out of my sight. See you later."

Tell me what? And he won't?

He hangs up, and I hear him walking towards the room so I close my eyes and pretend I'm asleep.

I feel a divet in the bed because of his added weight as he sits down.

"Samantha, sweetie." He moves a lock of hair out of my face. "We have to get to the precinct."

"Mmm-hmm. Five minutes." I mumble.

"Alright, no more than that."

He leaves, and I throw off my covers and change quickly.

He doesn't make me eat breakfast, but we drive to the precinct quickly and silently instead.

We get inside, and everyone else is already there.

"What the hell Samantha? I told you to take a walk, not travel into the next state! And you didn't check your phone we all called you at least ten times!" Beckett yells at me.

"Chica we were worried about you! We didn't know what happened!"

Beckett's phone rings, and she glares at me.

"This conversation is not over."

She picks up the phone.

"Yeah, we'll be there as soon as we can. Okay, call an ambulance!"

Beckett grabs me and we start running. "Let's go!"

"Beckett what's going on?"

Instead of getting in her car, she runs past the parking lot and down the street. Several squad cars come into view with lights flashing and sirens blaring.

I see someone on a gurney, and we make it to the crime scene tape where we are stopped.

Then I see who's on the bed.

I duck the tape, and every officer comes after me.

"I'm family, I'm family!" I yell at the hands that try to grab me.

I rush to meet the man on the bed, grabbing ahold of the rails.

"Nick? Nick what happened?"

Blood flows from his side, paramedics have already cut his shirt.

He opens his eyes, and he sees me. I can tell he's in pain, but he smiles at me.

"Hey little sis. It's been a while," he says rasply.

I reach out to touch his wound and stop the bleeding, and he groans, grabbing my hand.

He chuckles a little.

By now Beckett's caught up to me, but before she can ask questions the bed is wheeled into the ambulance with me holding on.

The doors shut, and EMT's gently push me aside.

The engine turns over and I feel the vehicle lurch forward.

The EMT who's nametag reads Chris places an oxygen mask over Nick 's face, then an IV in his arm, and moments later he's out.