Promise

"So do your parents know about all this already?"
I guess now would be the best time to tell the truth.
"Um Beckett, there's something I have to tell you." I take a deep breath and continue.
"My parents are dead."
Beckett jerks to attention. "What are you talking about?"
"They died almost two years ago. And so did my siblings."
She grabs my hand.
"Samantha why didn't you tell me? Who do you live with now?"
I half smile.
"That's the thing. Nobody. I'm kind of homeless."
"What? Why wouldn't you tell anyone? You could live with me! Or, I don't know someone else! You've been homeless for a year and a half? How did you survive?"
"Believe me wasn't my first choice. I didn't want to be a burden to anyone. But I won't be anymore. I'm leaving."
"Where? And for how long?"
"I'm going back home. To California. I will be with my aunt. I don't know how long I'll be gone. Maybe a week, maybe forever."
"But you have to come back! You're family. I love you."
"I love you too."
"Promise me you'll come back,'' she pleads with tears in her eyes.
"I promise." I stand up and walk out the door. I walk to the waiting room, and everyone is still there.
Alexis runs up to me and gives me a hug.
"Are you okay?" She asks worried.
"Yeah I'm fine." She lets go of me, puts her hands on my shoulders and looks me in the eyes.
"I'm glad you are ok." She walks back to her seat in the room. I walk up to Castle. I cannot believe I'm about to do this.
"Castle can I talk to you?"
"Sure." I grab his hand and drag him into the hallway.
"Wha-" I cut him off before I lose my nerve.
"My parents are dead. I live alone, and need to go back to California for a while."
"You live alone, and your parents are dead? How did they die?"
"Car accident."
He hugs me.
"When are you going back to California?"
I hesitate.
"See that's the thing. I want to because my aunt invited be, but I don't want to because everyone is here. And I just don't know how..."
I trail off.
"I will."
"What?" I ask
"Ill pay for. Don't worry about it. You've never asked before, and even if you had, I would still say yes because that's what family does. Tell me when you want to leave, and ill book it ok?"
I'm dumbfounded. How did he know I was going to ask that?
"Castle, are you sure?"
"100%"
"Ok. But it has to be coach."
"But-"
"No. You are already paying I am not letting you pay first class for me. And I only need one way, because I have no clue when I'm coming back. Promise?"
"Fine. Are you sure you don't want first class?"
"I'm sure. Thank you so much castle. You have no idea how much this means to me."

I walk towards the precinct on the way home from the hospital, and since Ryan, Espo, and Beckett aren't there I decide to do the thing that I've been trying to get the nerve to so for six months now. I walk inside and towards the back, where try keep case files. I wander over to the "R" section and look for Ross. There are about twenty with that last name, so I look at all of them again, using my dads first name too. James, but he went by Jim. I finally find it, and put the rest of the files back, and take this one with me. I walk out of the precinct, and all the way back home.
I walk inside and pack up everything I own, which fits in one large suitcase, because that is all I brought to New York a year and a half ago. I email Castle on my laptop and tell him I would like to leave tomorrow. He emails me back ten minutes later telling me I leave at ten tomorrow morning. I sigh.