Stay Strong

I stand like a statue, stunned by what just transpired. The room is dead silent. Everyone's jaw is hanging open a bit.
My emotions start to take over, but my cop side kicks in and I take control of the situation.
"Tori did you trace that call?"
She nods and her voice comes out in a whisper. "It shows that the call was coming from a parking structure about a block away from here." She points to a map. Castle, Ryan, Espo and I all stand up at once. We race to our squad cars and pull on bullet proof vests.
"Castle can you drive?" I ask. I am holding back tears, and they are blurring my vision.
We get in and race to where the call was. I stumble out of the car. I stop with Castle right before entering the building. My voice breaks as I speak.
"Castle what if she's dead?"
I can see him holding back tears too.
"She might be. Stay strong."
My pace picks up and I start sprinting throughout the structure to try and find her. I have my gun held in front of me, Castle behind me. Espo and Ryan are searching elsewhere.
"Oh my god." I hear Ryan scream.
And I lose it. I start sobbing. Castle takes me in his arms, and his tears drip onto my skin.
"C'mon. Lets go."
He pulls me towards where Espo and Ryan are. They come into view.
Except something isn't right. I see three figures standing and one body on the ground. I sprint to where they are standing, and see Ross on her own to feet facing them. There is blood pouring from her nose, and the same red stuff on her chest. There is a gun on the ground, along with her phone. I look more closely at the body, and see a man, dead, with a gunshot to the chest. I look again at Ross. Her face is blank, like she is in shock. I pull her into my arms and stroke her hair. I don't even care about all the blood. I'm just glad she's alive.
"You ok?" I ask.
She doesn't answer. I let go and look her in the eye.
"Ross? You wanna tell me what's going on?"
She seems to be on a trance.
"Ross!" I snap. But she doesn't seem fazed. Her face remains blank, and she utters a sentence.
"I killed him. I killed him Beckett I killed him."
The realization hits me that she has never taken a life before. I remember the first time I did, I was at least ten years older than her, but I was still torn about it.
"Ross it's okay. It was self defense it's perfectly legal. He assaulted a police officer. He hit you. And I'm pretty sure he was a murderer."
What I say doesn't seem to help at all.
"Ryan help me."
He bends down next to her.
"Hey Samantha. You wanna go back to the precinct with us? After that we can go home."
She slowly turns to face him, and nods.
"Ok lets go." Ryan holds out his hand, and Ross takes it. Ryan and I get into one car with Ross, and Castle and Espo take the other. I call the precinct and let them know about the body. We wait until Lanie arrive with her crew before leaving.
I quickly explain to Lanie what happened and then get in the car and we ride back to the precinct.
I lead Ross into the box with Ryan.
"Ok we need to take your statement."
She sits down.
"So tell me in your own words what happened."