Tired

They continue talking, and I lean against Oliver. He puts his arm around me and I feel my eyelids getting heavy.

I fall into a breathing pattern similar to what it sounds like when I'm asleep.

"Oh poor girl. She must be exhausted." Says Martha.

"She hasn't been getting much sleep lately. I don't know how she's living like this." Says Beckett.

"She's been through a lot in the past week. I don't know how she does it. She's saved my life twice, and the stress just doesn't stop. I can't help but feel responsible for this." Ryan dejectedly puts in.

"Kevin, don't blame yourself. You've been helping her through this. She loves you. But I feel she needs some more fun in her life right now. She needs a break before her trial." Martha responds.

"I agree. For the past year that we've known her, we haven't really done much outside of cases except for the occasional thing here and there." Espo agrees.

The room goes silent for a few moments before Beckett speaks.

"You guys got lucky. Tyson might come after us too so we all need to be on the lookout. I think we should..."

By this time I've actually fallen asleep again, and don't hear the rest of her sentence.

When I do wake up again, it's because someone is whispering my name.

"Samantha, Samantha honey dinner is ready."

I let go of Oliver and see Castle standing over me.

I blink a few times to make the exhaustion go away. It doesn't help much.

I nod before standing up slowly.

We all sit at the table, and the food starts going around.

Castle made pretty much everything from tacos to hamburgers and pasta to chicken.

I take a small amount of every dish.

I pick up my fork and put a bite of chicken in my mouth.

It tastes like heaven on a plate, and I don't know if it's just because I'm hungry or if it really is this good.

Either way, I don't stop until my plate is empty.

When everyone is done I take my plate in my hand and go around collecting them all.

They are reluctant to give them to me I can tell.

"Samantha don't worry about it. I can do it." Castle stands up to help me, but I give him a death glare.

"You cooked."

"I know you're exhausted."

"At least let me do this."

"Only if you promise to go home and get some sleep."

"I will Castle."

I bring the dishes to sink and fill it with hot soapy water.

I scrub them clean and rinse them, then put them back where they belong.

"Samantha darling were were you?"

I point behind my shoulder. "Doing dishes."

"Doing dishes! Richard Castle! How could you let the poor girl do dishes she could barely keep her eyes open during dinner!"

"I-she-they-" Castle stutters.

"Martha it's ok. I wanted to."

She takes my hand.

"Alright, only because you wanted to. Now go get some rest."

I don't even argue.

I say my goodbyes to everyone and my thank-yous, and walk out the door with Ryan.

I have to bounce in my seat to stay awake on the way home.

When he opens the door to the apartment Jenny comes flying out of nowhere and grabs Ryan.

"Kevin! I'm so glad you're ok!"

They kiss, and I turn to walk to my room.

"Where are you going missy? Come here!"

She pulls me into a hug and kisses me on the cheek.

"My beautiful baby! Are you ok?"

"I'm fine Jenny."

"Kevin is she really?"

"Guys I'm right here."

"She's exhausted. She needs to go to bed."

I throw my hands in the air.

"Am I invisible?"

"Let's go."

I change and Jenny tucks me in.

She strokes my forehead.

"I love you. Get some rest. And don't wake up early. If you have a nightmare I'm just down the hallway."

"I know. I love you too Jenny."