Terror

"Wh-what do you mean he's on the Terrorist Watch List?" I ask.

"He has been since he was arrested for stockpiling weapons four years ago. He also sent threats to a few political leaders. Maybe he was trying to go bigger scale, he wanted you as a partner. Someone with military discipline like you that was failed by the system, you might want to do stuff like that." Beckett replies.

"Okay, so who killed him and shot me?" Nick asks.

I smile. "It was Anthony Richards wasn't it?"

Beckett furrows her eyebrows. "How'd you know that?"

"He worked as a military recruiter right? What if he did more than that? He worked against terrorists. If he knew that this Vishnu guy was a terrorist and he was recruiting, he would have wanted to kill him. Nick was there, but Richards must have known Nick wasn't. Richards works in a group that fights terrorists, he couldn't have been acting alone. Other people had to have been keeping watch on multiple suspects. I'm not sure if it is a secret government organization or not, but I doubt it. I think a government organization would have known about the NYPD's armored cars and not made that mistake, and they would've killed Nick so they left no witnesses. It wasn't professional enough."

"That's my girl! It took Castle forever to come up with a theory!"

I laugh. "Are you guys looking for his organization now? For proof?"

Her smile fades. "Yeah, we are. But Samantha, we might not get any. All of this is circumstantial, I don't think I can get a warrant for anything at this point."

"You'll find a way Beckett, I know you will."

Just then, Ryan walks into my room with Jenny right behind him.

"Hey, I was just released. We wanted to see how you were feeling." Ryan says.

"I'm great," I say. But my voice holds an accidentally sarcastic tone. "I'm fine," I insist instead.

But they aren't convinced.

"Samantha, it's okay to tell us." Ryan tries again softly.

"I'm just a little sore, that's all." I mumble.

Nick hugs me, pulling me tight in his arms.

"I love you." He kisses my cheek.

-----------------------------------------------------

Oliver pov

As I walk down the hall to Samantha's room, a man not much older than her kisses her, and my eyes flash.

She's my girlfriend.

I storm into her room, interrupting their hug.

"Who the hell are you?!" I ask loudly. My emotions get the better of me, and I regret it when I see the look on Samantha's face.
Her heart rate shoots up, and instantly I feel bad.

My clenched fists undo themselves, and I sink next to her.

"I'm so sorry," I whisper. I kiss her carefully, and take her hand. "I didn't mean to."

"It's okay. Oliver, this is my brother Nick."

I turn towards him, feeling thoroughly embarrassed.

"I'm really sorry, I just saw someone kissing my girlfriend and my emotions got the better of me."

"You're her boyfriend?" He asks, astonished. "You have a boyfriend?" He looks at her.

"Oh yeah...I kinda forgot that part..." She turns red.

"Uh, ya think?"

"Sorry..." She mumbles.

Nick sighs and looks at me.

"What's your name?"

"Oliver," I reply. "I'm really sorry-" I start, but he cuts me off.

He chuckles. "It's okay, I understand. You obviously care about her or you wouldn't have had that reaction. I would've done the same thing."

I nod. "Thank you."

I turn my attention back towards my girlfriend.

She's covered in cuts and bruises, her eyes have deep circles under them, and she needs oxygen to help her breathe. It hurts to see her like this.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm fine, there was just a car accident. Uncle Ryan's okay too. We were together."

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner, Lanie just told me. I've been trying to text you for a few days, before I knew what happened."

"I'm sorry, I haven't been paying attention to my phone. Nick was shot, and I've been with him."

Then something hits me.

"Wait...I thought your siblings were..." I trail off.

"They are. He's not my actual brother. We met at a group home a few years ago, and he helped me. We got really close."

"How long have you been together?" Nick asks, ignoring Samantha.

"About a month," I answer.

He smiles.

"Welcome to the family." He hugs me, which was really unexpected. "You'll find I like hugs." He says, which makes Samantha laugh.

"It's true, I can attest." But her laughter quickly fades. "When can I leave?"

No one answers immediately for we all know the answer.

"Sobrinita...Chica, you were in a bad crash. Your body needs to rest and recover. You're still hurt and have a concussion. You won't get better if you leave."

"I don't want to stay here any more." She says sadly.

"Just until you get better Chica, then you can go home."

She rubs her eyes.

"I'm tired." She states.

"Then go to sleep, I'll stay with you," says Esposito.

I kiss her on the cheek, along with everyone else.

"I love you," I whisper before I leave.

--------------------------------------------------

Sorry this chapter is trash...