The loft

"It was him. He confessed. He wanted Philip to kill someone who owed him money, or he would kill the daughter. Being the brave man he is, or sorry, was, he wouldn't. So he was killed." Said Espo.
"Oh. Ok. What's going to happen to the daughter?" Asked Castle
"Well the mom is out of the picture but we found an aunt and uncle who are very excited to have her in their house." Says Ryan.
"Well that's good. We should celebrate! We never would have figured it out if it weren't for you" said Beckett.
"Yeah. Dinner tonight my place. All of you should come. Beckett can you call Lanie? I want to meet your family Ross."
Oh no. What do I say?
"Um thanks so much for the offer but I just couldn't. I don't want to impose."
"Not at all! I'm inviting you! Please come!!!" Says Castle looking at me with puppy dog eyes.
"Ok sure. But my parents won't be there they work late tonight."
"Yes! Here's my address," he says handing me a note. I look at it and realize that its in the fancy part of town. I definitely, don't fit in there.
"Hey Castle I called Lanie. She wants to know of it is formal or not?"
"You know what, sure!! What the heck, we might as well go crazy. Everyone meet at my place at 7."
Great. I have to walk two miles each way in a dress. Do I even own a dress?
"Ok we'll in going to go. See you guys later." They all wave as I walk away.

I walk int the door to my "house" and go straight for my clothes. I pick out the things that I could pass off as being formal. In total there are three outfits. I have a sparkly grey skirt with a low cut top, a semi-formal summer blue dress, and a blue dress with flowers. The only problem is that all of these are short sleeved. I looked through my clothes again and found a white cover up that is long sleeved. I decide to wear the blue dress with flowers and the cover up. Shoes I will wear these black flats I have only worn like once. I'm not one to dress formally. I hate dresses. I look at my watch and realize its already 5 o' clock. I have to get going so I get there on time. I change quickly, and fix my unruly hair the best I can. I slip on tennis shoes and take my flats in my hand. I can walk the two miles in comfortable shoes the switch before I walk inside, made hide them in a dumpster. I sigh and then head out the door.
I arrive five minutes before 7, and I switch shoes and throw them in the dumpster, hoping no body takes them. I walk inside and take the elevator up to Castle's floor, take a deep breath, and knock on the door. I wait a few seconds and a girl a few years older than me opens it.
"Hi I'm Alexis. You must be Sam right?"
I nod. "It's nice to meet you," I say.
"It's nice to meet you too. Come on in." She opens the door wider and I follow her in. I am awestruck with how huge this apartment is. Alexis leads me into the kitchen where I find Beckett, Lanie, Ryan, Espo, Montgomery, Castle, and another woman I don't know. She has red hair, blue eyes, and looks a little older. I am assuming she is Castles mother. She walks over to me and pulls me into a hug. I'm a but stunned but she lets go before I can react. "I'm Martha. You must be Samantha right?"
Wow this is the second time in one day that someone has called me by my first name.
"Yes I am." I smile at her.
"Well then, welcome! The party can start now!"
We sit down to eat and everyone except Alexis and I is drinking wine or beer. The food is delicious! Everyone is talking and laughing. I sit there and observe though. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a great time, but every time I get close to someone, they get ripped away from me.

------------------------------------------

Beckett's pov.
We are all sitting here in Castles loft talking and laughing and having a great time. I look over at Samantha and she is smiling. But I look at her eyes, and I see pain. I see the same thing in her eyes that I had in mine for two years after my mom was murdered.
After dinner we retire to the living room (which is huge) and continue our conversations there. I notice Samantha is still quiet, so I try to get her involved. I hold up my glass for a toast and clear my throat. Everyone quiets down and looks at me.
"I would first like to thank Castle for inviting everyone here for this great night. And second, I would like to welcome Ross onto the team. She will make a great detective someday."
Everyone raises their glasses and I say, "to Ross," and everyone echoes me.
"To Ross!" I look over at her, and for a second, her eyes lose their pain.