New

Stanatic1216

Now with my wheelchair, I can go to the precinct.

I wake up at the same time as Ryan, who is less than happy about the idea of me going with him.

"Why not?"

"You need to heal! You're still in pain, you can't even walk!"

"I might get better faster if I can do something I love or see the people I care about."

"You see them, they visit you."

"Ryan, please?"

I try to give him the best sad face I can, which isn't all that difficult.

"Uggh fine. But rules!"

I roll my eyes.

"There always is."

"I'm going to ignore that. First, no field except for crime scene! Second, and I cannot stress this enough, you have to tell me if you're in too much pain or want to go home ok?"

"Ok. Can we go now?"

"Samantha, look at me for a second."

He puts his finger under my chin and guides my eyes to reach his.

"I'm serious ok? If I find out you were in pain and didn't tell me, you're going to be in trouble."

I nod.

-------------------------------------------------

I roll into the precinct (literally) and everyone else is already there.

Ryan is by my side, which I am thankful for.

I approach the team cautiously, not knowing what their reactions will be.

"Hey," I say.

They all turn around and rush at me.

"Wait, wait! I still hurt." I exclaim, holding my arms out as a precaution.

I laugh as they all freeze midstep.

They take turns gently hugging me, careful not to touch my sensitive wound.

"What's going on out here?" A booming voice asks.

In walks Gates, her glasses hovering over her nose and her pink pantsuit perfectly pressed.

Then she sees me, and her cold eyes melt just a little.

"Oh, Miss Ross." She looks me up and down. She nods. "It's good to have you back. May I please speak to you in my office?"

"Yes Sir."

I quickly follow her as she makes her way to her office.

She closes the door behind us and sits at her desk.

"How is everything going? I really don't know much about what is happening with you outside of my precinct, but I feel I need to know."

My eye twitches. What does she want to know?

Luckily she answers my question.

"Who are you staying with right now?"

"Umm right now I'm staying with Ryan and Jenny."

"How is it going there? Do you like it?"

"Yeah, I love it. But I will be moving to Beckett's."

"So how is your case going?"

Which case? I'm going to assume she means the murders, not my abuse.

"Pretty good. I have a few leads."

She nods. "Anything else going on I should know about?"

"No I don't think so." I force a fake smile onto my face.

"Ok, well. Even though I don't show it, I do care."

"Thank you Sir. That means a lot."

"Ok now get out before I smile."

At that, I do. I roll myself out of her office and back to Beckett's desk, where everyone is crowded around something.

"What's going on?"

They turn, only to reveal the person I least expected to see.

"Oliver? What are you doing here?"

He smiles.

"Well, since your dad isn't here for me to ask, I thought I would ask the next best thing. You told me that this family means more to you than anything in this world. That means that Mr. Castle, Mr. Esposito, and Mr. Ryan are the closest thing you have to a father. So, Mr. Castle, Mr. Esposito and Mr. Ryan, would you give me the privilege of dating the most amazing girl in the world?"

They all look at each other, their faces happy.

Castle speaks up.

"It takes a lot of courage to do that, and any man willing to has my permission."

Espo is next.

"You seem like you care enough to take care of her. My answer is yes."

And finally, Ryan.

"You risked asking two protective cops and a mystery writer with a daughter to date her. Of course you can."

I breathe a sigh of relief, and Oliver and I smile at each other.

"But, if you hurt my little girl, I am armed and not afraid to use it." Ryan articulates.

Oliver nods. "Of course."

The team takes turns congratulating him, and I take the chance to roll into the break room.

I pull out my phone and dial Alexis's number. It rings twice before she answers.

"Hello?"

"Hey Alexis, it's me."

"Oh hey, what's up?"

I pause, trying to collect my words.

"I just wanted to say thank you. What you did means a lot to me."

"You're welcome. Did everything go Ok? Did they say yes?"

"Yeah, it was great. They all said yes."

"Awesome. Ok, I'm really sorry but I have to go but I'll talk to you later. I love you!"

"I love you too."

As we hang up, I stare out the window, wondering what I did to deserve knowing the most amazing people in the world.