Tyson

I start walking, and I end up where I said I would. The parking structure where I shot that serial killer.

He walks in, a stride that is tall and proud. His chest protrudes slightly, like he's arrogant and used to getting what he wants.

"Oh hello Mantha. I haven't seen you in a while. Actually, that's a lie. I saw you yesterday, and the day before, and every day for the past three years."

"You're the one that's been watching me? You're the one that's been trying to kill me?"

"I hired Connor to stalk you just in case. I watched everything. So did he, for a while."

There's a smile plastered on his face. His voice is so smooth and even, like he's done this many times before.

I pull out the gun Beckett gave me, pointing it at his chest. I place my finger on the trigger, trying to steady my hands.

And all he does is laugh.

"I know you enjoy killing people, but you aren't going to kill me."

"I do not enjoy killing people. Where the hell did you get that idea?"

"Oh, I was watching as you trotted around like the stupid child you are, waiting for that serial killer to find you, and secretly, you were waiting for a chance to murder someone and get away with it. And when you pulled that trigger, oh you loved it. The rush it gave you that was unlike any other. The feeling of taking a life, oh it's wonderful. And you figured that out. That's why you were crying. You weren't scared because you had just taken a life, you were scared because you enjoyed it. Don't you feel it again, being here?"

"Stop trying to get inside my head! I will kill you."

"No you won't. You want information. You want to know how I did it."

"I don't care how you did it, all I know is you did."

"Oh, then you must want to know why I did it then. Well, your father was an annoying little ass that would not leave me alone."

"Shut the hell up! He was a far better man than you could dream to be!" I shout.

"You only want to put me in jail. You want to collect all the evidence against me and put me away correctly. You want the glory, which is why you haven't pulled that trigger!"

My anger flairs.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT GLORY! I JUST WANT JUSTICE!"

He just continues talking.

"You know, you have come closer than anyone to catching me. You think like a killer, that's why. Maybe that's what you'll be when you grow up. If you do."

My hand tightens around the gun.

"You took away everything I cared about."

"I can always take away more."

He slowly pulls a picture out of his jacket pocket.

Though we are yards apart, I can still see what it's of.

All of us. My new family. Castle, Beckett, Ryan, Jenny, Espo, Lanie, Alexis, Martha, and even Oliver.

I slowly, lower my gun.

"I don't care what you do to me. Don't touch them." My voice wavers ever so slightly.

His lips curl.

"But that's what makes it fun, watching as you lose everything, as you slowly break into nothing.
Something only a little less than you already are. They don't give a damn about you, despite what you may think."